Outdoor Weddings
Options

Outdoor lighting ideas?

I just started planning and i'm considering keeping the reception outdoors, and it will go into night! besides having a tent, i'm trying to find some unique/ cool ways to light up the area outside.... help!

Re: Outdoor lighting ideas?

• Options
    We hired someone to do candle decor for our reception. There were tall lanterns, hurricanes and floating candles scattered throughout the space, mixed with strands of lights around trees and the some of the structures on the property. If you are getting a DJ, you can see what they might offer, it just depends on the feel you are going for.

Does the space have power, that's definitely the first thing to look into.
  • Options
    Our wedding was on the grounds of an historic park. Even though the reception was indoors, because it was summer people went outside to smoke. We had shepherd hooks with metal luminaries hanging on them and LED lights inside to provide some ambiance.
  • Options
    Stock up on Christmas lights! You can put the lights in trees, bushes, along walkways, etc. You could even string them overhead in a crisscross pattern to create a canopy of light.
  • Options
    sINCE WE ARE planning an out door wedding we decided to buy those cords that have several bulbs  but to cover them we decided to  put on the bulb some home made yarn lanterns :)Here's a sample that I saw n liked....You can try something similar..or like they suggested some xmas lights

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sweet, we're planning to do the same thing with the yarn lanterns - such a cute idea! I'm wondering if anyone else has needed to rent generators for their outdoor wedding. We're getting married this Sept in a friend's vineyard that has no real power supply. He's loaning us the one he uses for any outdoor functions they have in the vineyard, but I'm certain we're going to need another one. Any tips?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards