Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoon in the Carolinas

We live in Maine, we are thinking about driving to south carolina and stopping wherever and whenever we want on our way there, but we are most interested in Charleston and Charlotte, anybody know of any great bed and breakfasts in the area?  The wedding is in October of next year, if that makes any difference.

Re: Honeymoon in the Carolinas

• Options
    You would probably get more info if you went on the Local Wedding Board for North Carolina and South Carolina, people from all over use these "topic boards" and may not know. But some may.
  • Options
    ok thank you!
  • Options
    kbsmom1kbsmom1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker

The Meeting Street Inn is downtown close to the Battery.....its an old Victorian and a great walking location to downtown......if you want to stay out on the beaches....we love Isle of Palms.....the Beach and Raquet Club has the Boardwalk Inn right on the beach.or Sullivans Island....really love the Shem Creek area in Mt Pleasant just over the Cooper River Bridege going to the beaches.....in old town by there is the Post Office( I think thats the name...) Charleston is one of my most favorite places to visit...lots to see, great food,lots of history, old plantations... also lots of other barrier island close by to see...Folly, Kiawah, Edisto and you are not that far from Savannah

• Options
    Just an FYI, I don't know how long your honeymoon will be, but Charlotte is pretty far inland.

I loved Charleston. Can't wait to go back. I would look at tripadvisor for recommendations for B&B's. We stayed in Mount Pleasant at a Hampton Inn just over the bridge and saved a ton of money.

Food recs I can give: Poogan's Porch for lunch. Best biscuits ever! And we hit up Pearlz (downtown) during happy hour. Shrimp cocktails half off. And $3 glasses of wine and champagne or something crazy like that.

Enjoy!
  • Options
    Yeah, Charlotte is inland so if you're looking for beachy stuff then I wouldn't recommend. Charleston is amazing though. I don't have specific B&B rec's, but I can tell you that Charleston is so fun. There's history, beaches, clubs... all you could want. To keep the prices down, I'd stay at a hotel near (or just outside of) the bridge. When FI and I go (almost every year), we just stay at a Holiday Inn Express or the like and decide what we want to do when we get down there. We always love going to the Aquarium, though. =)
  • Options
    We're going to Charleston for part of our HM and we're staying at the Andrew Pickney Inn.   We haven't been yet, but they've been great to work with, are very reasonable priced (under $175/night, can't remember specifics), and have a good cancellation policy if needed for whatever reason.  From what I could tell from pictures/reviews, it's larger than a B&B but not a chain type hotel.  A happy medium, I would say.  The price is what attracted us to it, and the "small hotel feel without the B&B price" is what we really liked about it.
    Where there is love, there is life.-Ghandi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards