Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Montreal

Hi All,

FI and I are heading to Montreal for a week after our wedding for our honeymoon, which I am so excited for, but we're currently looking for suggestions for restaurants/things to do if anyone is a native or knows the city pretty well.

We're already aware it's not going to be that warm in April, so a lot of outdoorsy stuff might not be the best, but please, any suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Thanks!
photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg

Re: Montreal

• Options
    I love Montreal. Weather in April won't be too bad. I'm in Manitoba and our weather is much worse. Plan ahead and make sure you pack a few sweaters.

Last time I was in Montreal I had fun taking a horse-drawn carriage tour around old Montreal. I also really liked the Biodome. In April it might even be nice enough to walk up Mount Royal. Check local events listings for festivals too. There's always something going on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Montreal is my favourite city in the world. I'm so glad you'll be spending a week there. April can be a great time to go, but it may be rainy so bring an umbrella and some rainboots and you'll be fine.  It is super easy to get around town using public transit. They have a safe an efficient subway system, you can get info at www.stm.info (they have an English website as well).  Walking is also a great option and you get to see the sights.

Definitely spend some time on rue St. Denis, in the Plateau neighboorhood for unique shops and dining. Rue Prince Arthur is also a quaint pedestrian only street with great restaurants.  Old Montreal is beautiful and worth spending some time on foot. I would also recommend heading up to the lookout on Mount Royal - its a great view of the city and a beautiful urban park. 

Montrealers are very friendly and many if not most are bilingual, so don't worry if you don't know too much French. Knowing a few greetings "Salut" or "bonjour" to say hello doesn't hurt :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards