Outdoor Weddings
Options

Concrete Floors: How to dress it up for the reception?

I was wondering if I need to rent a dance floor just so that we can spin around without grinding our shoes into the floor. Or should we use rose petals or something to toss onto the floor? Did anybody find a way to make the dancing area obvious with out a special dance floor added?Has anybody else booked a spot with concrete floors and how did you dress it up?
imageimage

Re: Concrete Floors: How to dress it up for the reception?

• Options
    i thought about this since our reception is on the rooftop of a beach house...and it is concrete..hmm my mom told me not to worry about it..i think it is fine for dancing on but as for looks wise i guess it would be fine for my reception..does it look real bad where your venue is?
  • Options
    Well, it doesn't look horrible, it just is the one part of the reception area that I am concerned about looking bleh. And feeling bleh under my feet. I think basically the floor is a smoother cement, but cement just doesn't feel classy to me. It's really hard for me to find many pictures of other weddings there to see what they did.So you aren't going to do anything like renting a dance floor? or using props to distract from it?Thanks for your response! I was starting to think my topic is too specific for people to open it.
    imageimage
  • Options
    if you tell me your email i will send you a pic of it...
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about concrete floors, but I would worry a lot about flower petals on it. I could see that being a slipping issue.
  • Options
    i sent the email tonight
  • Options
    Im getting married on the 30th and we have a concrete floor. Im not concerned about it much. They had many weddings there and said no one ever had a problem. When we are married i casn let you know how it all turned out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards