Outdoor Weddings

Rain!!!!

OMG....I justed checked the weather and it is suppose to rain on my wedding day!!! Everything is outside. We are getting married on the 22nd at 7:30pm so maybe the weather will change by then. We do have a Plan B if it does rain, but who wants to go with Plan B on your wedding day??? This means I won't get all the cool pictures that I want! Ugh....I guess there is no need to stress. Can't change the weather!!! Besides its not the weather I'm marrying!!  :)

Re: Rain!!!!

• No need to stress...you are right, you can't change the weather. And I have seen some beautiful wedding pics on days where it happened to rain.if it does rain, don't fight with it..work with it! Best of luck!
  • Talk to your photographer now about the kind of rainy day pictures you want. You'll feel better with a Plan B for photography and knowing that you'll get some cool pictures out of poor weather.
  • Keep in mind you have 10 days.  Not sure where you live, but where I live the weatherman is NEVER dead on 10 days out.  Also it could only have a shower the morning of and the rest of the day have that sparkly, freshly washed feel to it.  Don't stress until there is something to stress about. =)  I hope you have a lovely wedding, rain or shine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's WAY too early to be checking the weather and worrying about it!  Just stop checking it until 2 or 3 days before.Just this week the weather lady said it was absolutely going to rain here Monday and Tuesday, definitely, and then it never did. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It was monsooning for a week before my wedding day. 30 minutes before the ceremony I was told that they were setting up inside because it was still drizzling. 20 before, DH made the call and said we're having it outside and that's that. Luckily, it stopped just before. Just remember there could be a break in the weather that day and it might be just for you wedding.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've heard that any forecast farther than 48 hours in advance is mostly based on statistics anyway, so the forecast will more than likely change. Even if it does rain though, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it, so it's not worth stressing over. How much you enjoy your wedding day and the days leading up to it will depend on your outlook and how you decide to deal with little things that come up. If you put a positive spin on things, you will have a much better time. Honestly, looking back at my wedding, I could care less about the details that I stressed over for a year and a half while planning. It was the most emotional and wonderful day I've spent with H and I wouldn't change a thing. Not even the little things that went wrong. What's important is that you are getting married and sharing the day with your friends and family.
  • The weather WILL change by then...It might change multiple times by then...Thats WAY to far in advance to even think about it. Just remember, rain on your wedding day is supposed to be lucky :) AND, if it does rain the day/night before or the morning of but stops in time for the ceremony, don't have it outside still if people will be walking through mud...if its on cement or something then great! Also, at least you have a plan B! So many brides don't...and its not fun when their guests/food/drinks get soaked. You were smart enough to come up with a back-up...good for you! As for pictures…as pps said there are SO many cool rain pics. No worries :D
  • Several years ago we were guests at a wedding that almost go washed out! The Bride and Groom had intended on a tent reception on the grounds of a beautiful estate. Well, we had a monsoon of a rainstorm complete with flash floods. The week before had been rainy as well so the ground was already soaked. As I was delivering the cake, I saw small mudslides along the embankments of the roads, and the river was flooded almost to the edge of the highway. At the end of the church ceremony, the guests were given directions for an alternate route to the reception because the highway was now completely flooded! The tent was abandoned and the reception was now held inside the estate mansion. It was now kind of a cocktail reception: guests mingled from room to room, found a seat wherever they could to eat and mingled some more. Sure, they had to play everything by ear, and several things either had to be re-arranged, changed or even deleted....but actually, it turned out to be the best reception I'd ever been too!!
  • I had a 50 degree and rainy June 6th wedding. We made the best of it and got some cute umbrella pictures. It'll be a great day no matter what!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • The 10 day forecast predicted rain for my wedding day, so I went to the Totes website and ordered umbrellas for me, my husband, and my bridesmaids.  We ended up not needing them, since it didn't start to rain until after 11:00 pm.  I'm fully convinced that it didn't rain, because I was prepared for it :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mrs. CM is a genius :-DIts too far in advance for them to have an accurate forecast for your wedding date.  Focus on the things you have the power to change.  If you absolutely must do something about the weather, buy umbrella's or something (keep the tags and such on till you use them, post wedding returns of the things you swore you needed but never used are great).And btw, with rain, there are a whole slew of other photos that become a possibility.
    BFP#1 11.9.10 (EDD 7.15.11) M/C 11.13.10 @5W1D
    BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11 due to Pre-E
    BFP#3 10.2.12 (EDD 6.12.13) MMC 11.24.12 @11.5w, had passed in 7th week
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    My Chart Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~
  • It downpoured for my parent's wedding and they have been married 40 years so they think it is a sign of luck.
    Marieke & Michael 5.14.10 Loving life with our 2 boys Anthony (3.22.08) and Dominic (due 2.14.11)!!!
  • I knew better than to check the weather more than a few days ahead.  I didn't start to take the forecast seriously until about two days before and even then, it changed several times.  Don't fret about it.  By the way, I'm not sure what your religion is, but I saw a bride online a long time ago that filled up a bottle with the rain water from her wedding day and used it to baptise her first child.  I thought that was such a sweet idea. 
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • I love the idea of saving the rain water and baptising the first chid with it so sweet! And OP, no worries, your day will be beautiful tomorrow.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards