Outdoor Weddings
Options

Outdoor Wedding Seating

I'm having my wedding(10/9/10) in my parents backyard and it is all downhill seating because of the pond at the bottom where we are getting married. Idk if we should do hay bales covered with something or what to do. I need LOTS of ideas! Please help!!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Outdoor Wedding Seating

• Options
    I think the hay bales would be super cute! Depending on how long you plan your ceremony to be, I've also seen couples have only standing room for outdoor weddings, except for parents of the couple and elderly guests.
  • Options
    I think I am going to use hay bales too. I love the idea of them...as long as your guests don't keep getting poked in the backside :)
  • Options
    We, too, are having our wedding at my parents house and we are only seating family members and elderly. Everyone else will simply gather around us. We are having hay bales covered with blankets in our "cocktail area" so people can sit and chat.
  • Options
    we are doing haybales too, covered with old quilts i am collecting now.  we tried to find something else to cover them with, but the material has to be thick enough to keep hay from poking through.  if you like the idea, you might want to start looking in second hand shops for quilts now.   or page me in november, i will probably sell most of the ones ive bought.
  • Options
    I second the old quilts from thrift stores.  It would look really cute. You could also tuck the quilts under the edges of the bales so they don't slip.  Just make sure you aren't using musty old bales.Perhaps you could even tuck sprigs of dried lavender in them so it would be crushed when guest sat on them releasing the fragrence?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards