Outdoor Weddings
Options

info on destin/ft walton beach area

Hey all, i am just newly engaged and I live in Missouri. However, i want a beach wedding and we are looking at the Destin and Ft Walton Beach area for the wedding. Does anyone have any ideas on good locations, places to stay and some good wedding deals? any info would help...Thanks.

Re: info on destin/ft walton beach area

• Options
    I've never been to a wedding there, but we vacationed there a few years ago and it was beautiful! Henderson Beach State Park in Destin is beautiful. They have a few shelters there I believe, which would work nicely if you needed them. It wasnt crowded at all and the white sand is beautiful![url]http://www.visitflorida.com/video/video_id.121[/url]Okaloosa Island is nice too, but the beaches there were pretty busy when we were there in March.
  • Options
    we're going there on part of our honeymoon! ive heard so many good things about it! every picture ive seen is gorgeous!
  • Options
    Hi Marideelawson,I live in the area and am getting married here next April.  We are having our ceremony at Henderson Beach State Park.  It's really beautiful there but you do have to pay for the beach access and HAVE to rent one of the gazebos.  There are many other beaches that you can have the ceremony on if you want to be in the sand.  For our reception we are renting a beach house down in Seagrove which is right outside Destin.  If you look through the Watercolor, Seaside, Seagrove, Grayton Beach areas you'll find TONS of amazing beach house rentals if you wanted to go that route as well.  I'm not sure about what there is in the Fort Walton area, but I would definitly recommend Destin and 30-A area over Ft. Walton.  (No offense to any ft. walton brides!!)  I don't know what your budget is or what kind of feel that you want but Bay Town Wharf is a really fun place to go as well.  It's a resort like community and they do weddings there.  Even if your just visiting, its fun to visit to look through the shops and go to a restaurant.  As for wedding deals, I'm still searching.  In my opinion prices here are pretty high (there's so many destination weddings here they can get away with it!).  To help cut down we're having our wedding on a Sunday.  Most photographers have a weekend and a weekday price so having it on a weekday can save a lot of money.  I hope this helps some!  Don't be afraid to ask me any q's that you have!  I'll try my best to answer! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Come over to the North FL board.  We have a couple ladies getting married there. I'm getting married in Tallahassee, but I'm using a Destin wedding photographer.  It's Memories by Micha and she has really good prices.  Just thought I'd let you know if you need a photographer!
  • Options
    If you're willing to go just a little more east to the Sandestin area, there are several hotels on the water that do weddings.  Try Hilton Sandestin.  Baytowne wharf is awesome, and your guests will love it, but it's on the bay side, not gulf side.  The broken egg cafe/hotel in Sandestin does have an outdoor wedding location right on the bay, though.  If I could afford it, I would get married in either Seaside (cutest little chapel/courtyard, and I've seen several fabulous weddings there) or Rosemary Beach (outdoors or in the cute town hall).  They're both a little east of Destin but are amazing and have great atmospheres for guests. Good luck. I'm jealous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards