Outdoor Weddings

Outdoor wedding....Rain!

I live in GA and we have had terrible flooding this week. My wedding is on Saturday. Our reception is outdoors. We have a huge storm on it's way out of Texas and it's looking like I will have a very wet wedding day. I have no idea what to do about the reception. There is not enough room for my 140 guests in the carriage house / house that is on the property. The owner has informed me that we will just put up tents in the back yard but it will be a huge cost and won't help the fact that the ground will be very very wet. I'm starting to panic. I know I will still be getting married no matter what but the reception is being paid for by my mother and she is taking on a huge amount of debt to make this a very beautiful event. I feel terrible! I need some encouragemnet ladies :(

Re: Outdoor wedding....Rain!

• This is why outdoor brides have to have a backup plan!I would start looking now for another place to have the reception.  Start calling every banquet hall and hotel you can.  Post on your local board and ask for advice or recommendations.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ditto danieliza - hit the phone book and start calling places that will work. This is why I always advise outdoor brides to have a backup plan that you love and can implement on short notice - it has to be part of the overall plans. I really hope you find the right place and everything works out for you.
  • I'm here in Georgia as well and I feel your pain. I will be getting married in 16 days and have always wanted my wedding outside. What area of town is your wedding in? Maybe I can give you some suggestions of places to have the reception.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So sorry to hear!!!  After how many years of drought...who would have thought you'd need to worry about a back-up plan for rain!  I do agree that you should just see if there is an indoor facility to use...start calling! With all the flooding, the ground may be absolutely saturated...so tents may not solve all the problems.  Good luck to you. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Huge hug from DC!!! Good luck today whatever you decide. Remember its about the marriage and the commitment.... take a deep breathe and enjoy your wedding!
  • Weather.com has a wedding planner that'll tell you everything about the weather on your date. Its really neat yall should check it out.
  • I hope all went well on your day. Can you tell us what you did? From one outdoor bride to another. Thanks!
  • Hi HDLady, We continued with our original plans and had the ceremony indoors at a small chapel and had the reception outdoors. The rain held off untill right after the ceremony and poured at the reception. Another catastrophy happened when one of the big oak trees outside the venue landed on my new father-in-laws truck and partly on the only dry place at the venue. All in all the reception was a diseaster. When I posted this message I was a little disappointed by all the messages I got from women telling me to move it indoors but I have to say they were right. The venue was beautiful and I wish so badly that the weather had been beautiful but it wasn't and I took that chance. However I am still married and it was a beautiful ceremony so I guess it's all in how you look at it. Thanks for the well wishes!
  • Heather - so sorry you were rained out, but happy to see you have the right outlook on the whole thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards