Outdoor Weddings

Silk/Real Flowers

so we're having an outdoor ceremony in FIL yard, & i was going to plant the flowers for the ceremony myself, (you know buy them from wal-mart and plant them around the yard where the ceremony will be held at) I was also going to grow the flowers for DIY reception decor and bouque's. But now i'm begining to think maybe it'll be just less of a hassle if i just buy silk flowers by the bundle and DIY the decor and bouque's. What are your intakes? Especially with it being an outdoor wedding I don't want the bugs real flowers attract. TIA
~yovey~ BabyName Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Silk/Real Flowers

• ***Bouquet's --srry i'm a horrible speller
    ~yovey~ BabyName Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Do whatever is best for you but to tell the truth you will spend way more money on  fake flowers that look good then real ones. I tried silk flowers and the really add up fast so I am now going with real.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had real flowers at my outdoor wedding and they didn't attract bugs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would just buy silk. You know they are going to look good (atleast if you buy them from a reputable source) and you won't have to worry about them dying before the ceremony.
  • You don't have to worry about bugs... lol.  I've never heard of that happening (my wedding was outside, and I certainly didn't have that issue).  Also, silks are actually more expensive in most cases!  You'd be surprised.  You can get real flowers, especially roses/carnations/mums/etc. really cheap.  I'd choose real over fake any day.  By the way, most flowers are pretty hardy so you don't have to worry about them wilting either.  If you have a proper florist, they'll know how to prepare them so they don't turn brown.
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • I am having an outdoor wedding too and I just leaning more towards silk flowers at first. I want gerbera daisies and I couldn't find fake ones that I liked. I did find a great seller on etsy that had bouquets I liked, but then I found a great florist who works out of her home. I met with her and she had great ideas. I was surprised that the real flowers were going to be less expensive than the silk. I think they look alot better too. Also, what do you do with the silk flowers after the wedding? I have a bridesmaid silk bouquet on my kitchen table from a wedding 2 weeks ago that I was in. Feels wasteful to throw it out, but I really have no use for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards