Outdoor Weddings
Options

Creating an 'altar' or backdrop

What are you all doing for doing to creat a 'backdrop'. We're getting married in my backyard by the lake and I'm thinking on something for a 'focal point' where the pastor and we will stand. Things like the rented arches with flowers on them, i'm not a big fan. Anyone else being creative??

Re: Creating an 'altar' or backdrop

• Options
    We got married in a tent at a park.  I didn't want an arch either but also wanted something up at the front.  The girl who designed our centerpieces also designed two big flower and greenery arrangements to have up at the front.  We had a table in the center with our unity candle and marriage certificates, the two arrangements on either side.  We then stood in the front of that.  Not sure if there are any really good detail pictures of it but our pictures are at www.viewmyprophotos.com  you can look under Angela Horn. 
  • Options
    you can also look up chuppa's, which are traditional in Jewish weddings, but you can get some ideas.  hope that helps, good luck!
  • Options
    I salvaged some old doors from a house that was being torn down and we are going to create our own arbor since we are getting married on a farm. That way, we can keep it and use it at our home.Here's our inspiration:[img]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff220/jeannespines/Garden%20Projects/DoorArborBackView709.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2009
    I'd like to use some simple draped fabric as an altar.  There's a knottie named Ashley who did this at her wedding.  I hope she doesn't mind me showing a picture from her bio.

click!

You may also like this idea from Martha Stewart. 

click!

Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    Less is more. You obviously chose the lake location because of the beautiful scenery.  Set out a simple, small table for the officiant and let the lake be your backdrop.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards