Outdoor Weddings

outdoor colors?

i'm newly engaged. I have tons of ideas. I keep changing my mind. I know this is all normal. I also know i have TONS of time so i'm not too worried :) But i was wondering what you guys think about a red, black and white color scheme for an outdoor wedding in the spring? I just don't know if it'll look right. Or if it'll matter. Or.. thoughts on a purple and grass green theme. Or red with any other color? Thanks!

Re: outdoor colors?

• When it came time for me to choose my colors I looked at colors of a garden (since that's where my ceremony took place). I didn't want to compete with nature. I personally wouldn't pick those colors but to each their own.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We are going with pink (either pale or candy) and black. Also, to keep FI happy, him and his groomsmen will have camo vests. HTH
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Those colors don't seem too gardeny or outdoorsy, however if it is what you want, then I say go for it. Not everyone is going to like your color theme, there are people that don't like mine, while others love it, but to each their own! GL!
  • My friend is getting married in January. Her colors are black, white and red too, because they are 'winter' colors. :) Of course its YOUR wedding and you CAN pick whichever colors you'd like, but black red and white are not 'springy' colors. Good luck!
  • I had my August wedding in a garden and had people in red, black, and white, but the flowers were a mixture of all sorts of colors.  Lots of PIB of the wedding party in the garden under "ceremony" and other wedding pics under "wedding party" and "reception." 
  • purple and grass green would be TO DIE FOR! I love those colors together, so fresh and clean and modern!
  • New to this board,, but Im having an outdoor wedding also

I think you can pick white for your main color and accent of red and black,, you can do black chiavari chairs with wite linens, I love the black napkin with a red rose ect... just an idea

Im getting married in april.. my colors are white, gold and touch of blush pink,,,

• I personally think that they would not look good out doors unless you were using a venue that is a little more rustic looking. Somewhere with a brick dance floor possibly? Just my thought though its your wedding! Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards