Outdoor Weddings
Options

tent?

I found a venue that I want, but it's outdoors.  We can only rent items through one company so the tent is another $2000.  I prefer no tent, but can't risk not being able to get one if I do need it.  My question is, has anyone gone to an outdoor wedding where the weather wasn't beautiful and it had to be tented?  How was it?  Does it ruin everything? Can it still turn out nice?  Thanks!

Re: tent?

• Options
    I've just seen pictures from our vendor, and it looked nice enough. Not blue sky nice, but still lovely.

Are there any picnic shelters on site that you could clear out the picnic tables and use that cover?

Do you belong to a church? We have asked to have FI's church on reseve in case of extra bad weather, at no charge since everyone in his family is a member.

Or, maybe you could do a cabaret style ceremmony in your reception space?

Again, nothing at all wrong with a tent. The pictures I saw were really nice,but I can't seem to find them again. Just wanted to offer some other options in case you still weren't sure on the tent, or needed to save some money. I'm sure other posters will have reassurance or other great ideas for you :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I know getting a tent can be expensive but your taking a HUGE risk if you don't at least reserve it.  Many companies will allow you to at least have it on hold until a few days before your event.  But keep in mind that it's not just rain your potentially dealing with it's the sun as well.  Many people can't be in direct sun for periods of time and it also provides shade from the heat.

. Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    It's in the evening so I'm not worried about the sun, just rain and wind mostly.  Unfortunately I can only rent a tent from one company because they manage the property that I'm looking at for a venue and you can't put a hold or anything.  So my dilemma is do I try to go with this venue and even if the weather is bad can it turn out nice with a tent, or find another venue with an inside option?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards