Outdoor Weddings
Options

Outdoor Cake....bugs???

Is anyone doing anything with their cake to make sure bugs (like knats, or flies) dont invade your cake?? I know the food will be covered but should we have a covering for the cake too??

Re: Outdoor Cake....bugs???

• Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2010
    I'm planning on bringing the cake out later in the evening - I thought about netting for the food - what are you using?

My mom suggested citronella candles to ward off bugs, but I really have no idea how much that will actually help.

What are you doing?
  • Options
    here is a suggestion I found online....I actually kind of like the idea if I could find a shepards hook that was big enough. 

http://www.chicaandjo.com/2008/04/24/protect-your-cake-at-an-outdoor-wedding-reception/
  • Options
    We kept ours inside until we were ready to bring it out. I guess it would depend on your venue (ours was a cabin on the water so we had a kitchen), but maybe you could keep it in your venue's kitchen or some other private area?
  • Options
    also you can buy certain bug sprays to spray outdoors around the venue area for a few days leading up to the event and the number of bugs should be reduced.
  • Options
    I also heard that wasps won't go where another nest is located so you could hang one of those fake wasp/hornet nests nearby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards