Outdoor Weddings
Options

limited seating

We are getting married on the front porch of a beautiful barn however the ground in front of the porch is VERY uneven and dips down into a kind of ditch with a little bridge going over it making it difficult to have enough chairs for everyone. Our ceremony will only last about 10 mins would it be rude to just have seating for close family and elderly and have everyone else stand or should i try to figure out a way to have chairs for everyone?
thanks

Re: limited seating

• Options
    Chairs for everyone.

Keep in mind that people arrive to the cermony early and will be standing long before your cermony starts... add to this chatting with others after and a possible receiving line and people may be standing for an hour.  Also, you cannot possibly determine who is entitled to a chair.  Someone may have arthritis, MS, etc. and you may not even know.  Quite honestly, I don't even have health issues like these, but if you make me stand at your wedding and I've chosen to wear heels, I'm going to be quite iritated. Invite less people.  Change your venue to accomodate everyone.  Or make this one work with chairs for everyone.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Every butt needs a seat. It's poor etiquette not to provide a chair for everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards