Outdoor Weddings
Options

11 Days

So...I now have 11 days til the wedding.  We are doing a small (family only) outdoor ceremony then a reception to follow at a hall.  So- I'm obsessed with looking at the weather and yesterday it said sunny for that day...not today- it says rain.  We aren't having a tent or anything for the ceremony, it's in our backyard- and really I don't have a great backup plan.  Just praying for sunshine!  :)  So anyway guess im just venting because i haven't yet been stressed but I feel it coming. However I am excited to get married in 11 days and I know it will all work out.  Thanks for listening! 
Created by Wedding Favors BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: 11 Days

• Options

Don't trust weather predictions that are this far out.  In the meantime, can you call local rental companies and see if they have an appropriate size tent that you can rent?

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Well I thought about that but our ceremony will prob last 20 minutes and I had previously called in the beginning and it would cost about 300.00 and we are on low budget.  We have the park shelter rented out if it rains- but that's the only plan I have so far.  Yeah I know I shouldn't worry about it right now and everytime I look at that day- it'll probably change as far as the weather goes. 
  • Options
    could you possibly have it in the house? i do like the park idea! i wouldn't really stress over weather predictions they are usually wrong the weather man said it was suppose to rain yesterday and be cold well it hit 75 degrees here and was sunny and beautiful i would wait it out get a back up plan but i doubt you will need it Good luck enjoy life!!
  • Options
    What if you just get some really pretty umbrellas?  I've seen wedding pictures with the umbrellas and it's really quite beautiful.  If you buy them and it doesn't rain, return them.. and if it does, you're covered (literally and figuratively!)
    image 180 Invited
    image 160 are joining in!!
    image 17 are missing out!!
    image 3 are late to RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_11-days?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:1e1fc85a-2444-4839-989f-75423dba1c72Post:2b068482-a57e-4772-a8b5-59d05a117eed">Re: 11 Days</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>What if you just get some really pretty umbrellas?</strong>  I've seen wedding pictures with the umbrellas and it's really quite beautiful.  If you buy them and it doesn't rain, return them.. and if it does, you're covered (literally and figuratively!)
    Posted by mia082683[/QUOTE]

This, it would be super cute!!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    Oh yeah!  I love the idea of umbrellas.  Our colors are black and white, so i could get those colors.  Thanks for the ideas ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards