Outdoor Weddings

Outdoor wedding in San Antonio in June

My fiance and I are going to get married in my sister's backyard in SA in June - in order to avoid the heat, I want an evening wedding and I also want to use white lights and candles.  How late is too late to start the ceremony - it is going to be very short.  The ceremony and reception will all be in the same place - more of a party atmosphere - no seating, cocktail food.    Is it okay to start at 8:00 or 8:30?  Will it be dark by then?

Thanks

Re: Outdoor wedding in San Antonio in June

• Welcome! Judy, I'd recommend posting this on your local board. I can't say whether it's dark in SA in June around that time. I live in Michigan, on the far west end of Eastern Time Zone, and in June it's not dark here until 9:30 pm due to daylight savings time.
    That said, if your reception runs past that time, the lights and candles will still look lovely. You don't mention tents, but it might be a good idea for part of the area to have a small tent.

Good luck.
  • It will just be getting dark at 8 and it will STILL be hot. I suggest a tent with fans. Make sure you have plenty of cold icy drinks. In June, its 95 degrees when I get up for bootcamp at 5am, so 8pm is usually much hotter.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Oh, and you should have seating of some kind. Eventually people's feet will get tired and they will leave.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards