Outdoor Weddings
Options

rooftop wedding -- need decoration suggestions!

FI and I are having our ceremony and reception on a rooftop and have no idea how to decorate.  The rooftop is L-shaped and one side will serve as the ceremony area while the other will reception area.  It's 2300 sq. feet and is 70 x 35.  We have almost complete free reign as far as decorations go, which almost makes it worse because I have no idea what to do.  A tent is out.  FI and I just don't care for them and there will be shady places for people to go to get out of the sun.  It's an afternoon wedding happening in July so we want the decor light and fresh and airy and not too stuffy.  Also, because it's a rooftop with an awesome city and lake view, we want to keep things cosmopolitan.  I'm just in a complete rut and cant think of what to do.  Any help would be appreciated!

Re: rooftop wedding -- need decoration suggestions!

• Options
    A rooftop wedding in July sounds REALLY hot. Do you have any pictures of the venue?
  • Options
    Ditto.  Rooftops are sun magnets.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    A rooftop in July sounds miserably hot...  Do you really want for you and your guests to melt?  For the life of me I cannot understand how this can be any bride's vision of her day :(

My advice:  Move it inside or you'll have a bunch of unhappy guests and they'll probably leave early.
  • Options
    We have a ballroom that's also reserved should things get too hot/or if it rains but the rooftop is partially covered so there will be shade (the ceremony is taking place underneath this shaded part).  I have one picture but everything is covered in snow so it's not really a good picture.  
  • Options
    Rooftops are awesome. I'm trying to find one for myself.

Honestly, if you have great views, you don't need too much decor. Some sleek and modern vases on tables and perhaps helium balloons strategically placed could look cool.

What colors are you using and what time will the wedding take place?
  • Options
    it's the rooftop of the embassy suites hotel in cleveland.  wedding is happening in the afternoon (ceremony from 1-130, short cocktail/ors d' oeuvres + dessert reception from 2-4).
  • Options
    I would just go with simple flower arrangements.  Cleveland is an awesome city and the view would be plenty.  I would set up a table with some sunscreen and bottles of ice cold water though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards