Outdoor Weddings
Options

Beach wedding for fall???

So here's the issue... I live in FL and we are getting married in a garden next to the water at the end of September. I wanted to use a "beachy" theme, my mom thinks I should go with something more in line with the season. I say that it doesn't matter since FL has no seasons... just hot and not quite as hot...LOL. What do you think??

Re: Beach wedding for fall???

• Options

I agree with you. Beaches exist year round so why not? It's not that far of a stretch for you given where you live and that the ceremony will be near water.

• Options
    I hate when people pull out the "it has to be seasonal" crap.  It doesn't.  No one died at my wedding in the fall because I didn't use fall themes.
  • Options
    I am planning a late August/early September wedding on the beach and it will feel pleanty like summer.  It is 80 still into October so I think it's a great idea...
  • Options
    I hate the seasonal thing too!!!!!
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    I agree with you too.  My sister lives in Myrtle Beach and had a small beach wedding in mid-Sept.  It was still very warm out at that time of year in SC.  And since in FL the weather isn't really an issue, I would totally do it!
  • Options
    I had a beach wedding in October.  It was 82 degrees out still.  I don't think anybody minded or thought it was weird being that it was in FL.
  • Options
    I'm getting married on the beach in mid-September, and I have a couple of friends who keep telling me that my bright colors aren't fallish, but instead very summery...  Of course, these people didn't grow up in FL like me, so they don't realize that it's summer in Florida until December or January!  Go with whatever theme you want!  I'm having a beach wedding with fuschia, teal, lime green and cobalt as my wedding colors.  Go for whatever you want!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards