Outdoor Weddings

Help NO center aisle

I need some tips. i am having our ceremony at a park and its a small ampatheater built into a hill, and so on the bottom is where we put our gazebo or arch,and at the top its a pretty good slant and no way i can come from that, isnt it weird for a bride to come from the front?? And also the background isnt great, anyway we could come up with a full background instead of a gazebo to make for nicer video, etc??
We could do it out by the woods, but would have to get seating and there is no electric so dunno how we would have music n Mics..?!???

Re: Help NO center aisle

• Sounds like you might want to rethink your ceremony location. I think that outdoor weddings are so beautiful in their simplicity. -If you want to overhaul your back drop it might be better to just find a new one.

If you can't/won't change location, here are some ideas:
    -no, brides don't usually come in from the side. However you're not a usual bride! You're unique & beatuifully you. If you want that, do it! Also, depending on the space, you could still have a procession by coming in via the side then processing through or around your guests (and looping back to the front). -Could give your ceremony a very personal feel.
    -your florist could probably help you dress up the background nicely. They could hang/place pots or boquets of flowers. A wreath could work nicely as well. 
    -Could you float tea light candles in little clear glass containers in the backdrop?
    -Rent a fountain
    -a little tulle/chiffon/organza can go a long way. -You could hang/wrap some decoratively to hide not so pretty things and accent what you like.
  • Agree with PP - is there something really awesome about this site that makes it worth all the cons?
  • its really cheap and we cant find ANYWHERE else! after calling 40 locations, i was happy to settle.  
    thanks for the input, I really think the most beautiful way would be is if we could get music inw/out electric. then i' have it by the woods n my center aisle!
  • I am also getting married in a park. as of right now the only pathway is a dirt path that comes from the side. not traditional at all (otherwise I risk the fact of walking through some very soggy area's in the grass. There is no electicity so we are going to get a stereo or mp3 that can be run on batteries. There will be alot to work on at the rehearsal but thats the plan for now. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay for not being alone :) Do you know where your gettin yer stereo n it will play music loud enuf??
  • I'm pretty sure there are super quiet generators and such that you could use for electricity for music... or spend a little extra and get a quartet/band/violinist/etc if it's in your budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards