July 2012 Weddings
Options

Take jewelry to hair trial??

Would it be wierd if I took my earrings and necklace to my hair and makeup trial today?  My earrings are diamond heart studs and I want to make sure my hair style shows them off nicely?  I don't want the stylist to think I'm being bridezillaish or super weird if I bring my jewelry, veil and all that.  Did you bring yours?? 

I'm so excited for my trial.....but nervous - did you try out multiple styles or just pick one and went with it??  I'm really torn about how I want my hair.. hopefully the stylist can offer some guidance on what will look best with my veil and feather flower. 

Re: Take jewelry to hair trial??

• Options
    Definitly bring everything. Especially anything that actually goes in your hair. I'm bringing everything so I can make sure it all looks good together. I'm also doing my hair trial the day of my last fitting just to make sure I like it with my dress.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sure, bring them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I brought my veil and head band for my trial, I didn't have jewelry yet but I probably would've worn it had I bought it before.  Your stylist really needs to see how your veil goes in and tp make sure she plans around that.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Yeah why not! I plan on taking my jewelry! My stylist even said to wear a top with a neckline similar to that of my dress! Had never thought of doing that before but it doesn't seem like a bad idea. So I'll be wearing a strapless tube top I have
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!!!  I thought about wearing something strapless - but I don't really own anything other than a sundress that there is no way I could wear to work.  I'm leaving straight from work to get to the trial.. 
  • Options
    Taking jewelry is probably not necessary, but if you know what you are wearing and what to get a true picture of what the final "look" will be like, then sure, go ahead! I just took my veil and my fascinator for the reception but it would have been fun to see the look with my earrings.
  • Options
    If I had my jewelry when I did my trial I probably would have brought it, too... cause why not.

I gave my stylist a few inspiration pictures and she did her magic... I loved how it came out the first time, but had I not been happy with it, she would have kept changing it until I loved it.  Don't be afraid to have her change it if you don't love it!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

Take what you want! I would :) Well, for me personally I probably wouldn't have bothered with my necklace because I don't think it would make a difference with my hairstyle (I'm taking it to my dress fiting though!) But I do wish I had brought earrings to my hair trial...

Getting married on July 20th, 2012!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards