Outdoor Weddings

Wedding morning yoga

I wasn't quite sure which board this would fit best on, but since we are having an outdoor ceremony and going for a natural/woodsy feel for our event, maybe this one is good.  

A little bit of background - we are having a destination-style wedding in the mountains in our home province.  Everyone is traveling to get there, including us.  We have rented a lodge for the weekend and about half of our (projected) guests will stay there with us, both nights.  I would really like to have the weekend be a fun experience with our closest friends and family, with some unique touches for our guests. 

I was thinking it would be fun to have a private yoga class on the lawn of the lodge the morning of the wedding for me, the wedding party, any of our guests that would be interested really.  Fitness is really important to FI and I and I go to a weekly yoga class.  Mostly I love outdoor yoga and think it would be a fantastic way to relax the morning of my wedding.  

My quesiton is - what would you think about this as a wedding party member, or guest? Would you participate if offered to you (for free) if it was where you were already staying?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding morning yoga

• I probably wouldn't participate. I personally have never done yoga, and I wouldn't want my first time trying new exercises to be when I had an important event later that day. I also would feel like it was one more thing I had to do the morning of the wedding. I'm a lounger....I like to lounge around and take my time before getting dolled up for an event. But that's just lazy me.  You know your crowd. If you know your guests are into active, healthy lifestyles, it might work out for you. If they are more like me, perhaps not!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • What a fantastic idea! I would participate.
  • I'm sure the instructor would tailor the session to the group and I would be all in, eventhough I have only done yoga a handfull of times in the semi-distant past.
  • I'd definitely be in!  Yoga's a relaxation thing for me as well.
  • It would depend on what time the wedding was for me.  If it were an evening wedding, then yes, I'd definitely participate in the yoga.  If it was a morning or afternoon wedding I'd probably decline just because I'd want to spend more time in bed.  lol.  I do like yoga though and have never done it outside.  
  • It would be a unique highlight for me if yoga was offered at a wedding I attended. It can take the edge off and can put you and your guests in an intentional mood. I think it's wonderful and it's not mandatory, so those who don't want to can lounge or sleep in. Those who do, will appreciate that you made a space for self care. Amazing idea!
  • I would love that! What a great idea :-)
  • I think it's a nice idea and as long as it wasn't bikram yoga I'd probably go. I invited my bridal party to my meditation/yoga class the morning of the wedding.
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • It's a unique and interesting idea, but you'd have to be careful about your time management.  You wouldn't believe how fast time gets away from you on your wedding day.  There are a million little details set into motion.  Adding an organized activity on top of it all can be done, but you'd have to have a firm hand on it.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• I like the idea of a morning yoga to wake up stiff, sleepy muscles. Would be a nice bonding experience for your WP to get everybody focused for the day.
    PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Thanks everyone for your opinions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards