Outdoor Weddings
Options

Aisle Runner or No Aisle Runner?

I am trying to decide if I should use an aisle runner for our outdoor ceremony in October.  My original plan was to use rose petals to line the aisle along with shepards hooks and lanterns, but i've been thinking alot about how my dress would fare with this.  How is everyone else doing their aisle?
62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n

Re: Aisle Runner or No Aisle Runner?

• Options
    If you're on a hard even surface (like a patio), then I think it's probably okay to use an aisle runner.  If it's grass, dirt, sand, or anything else soft or uneven, then I think an aisle runner is asking for trouble.  It'll bunch up, get caught in heels, make people trip....not good.

I love the idea of rose petals (that's what we're doing) and shepard's hooks (wish we'd though of it!).   We're going to be on grass.   I'm okay with getting maybe a little grass mark on the bottom (inside) of my dress, because that's just what you get with an outdoor wedding.  I don't think you'll get any marks or stains on the outside of your dress, and probably only minimal marking (if anything) on the inside/underside.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    We are doing petals and lanterns.

Since it's in october, how about adding in some pretty fall leaves, if those go with your colors?

I have a tea length dress, so I'm not much help there, but like PP said, I'm sure any discolorations would only be on the underside.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm doing a framed aisle with rose petals, I have 6  large detailed rod iron shepard hooks, 2 at each end of the aisle, as well as on either side of our iron gazebo. I have rose pomanders that'll hang from the hooks. We decided against an aisle runner because we'll be on the lawn and it might get windy since we're on the lake. I like that the petals will look natural and not "overdone" like I feel a runner might be. Good luck.
  • Options
    I am just going to do boxed flowers on the sides of the aisle, so that way it just frames it. I agree with PP, since your wedding will be in the fall, use some leaves as part of your aisle, it would be gorgeous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thankyou for your input!  I am going to stick with my original plan with lining the aisle with rose petals, shepards hooks, and black lanterns with red candles.  Now the next part is worrying about the weather!  I do have a plan B just in case.  Our location is at a Golf Course on the edge of town with a lot of trees in the background so i'm hoping to use Plan A so I can have the beautiful color-changing trees in the background.
    62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards