Outdoor Weddings
Options

No power at ceremony site

Alright I have 6 months to really figure this out, but it's the only part of my planning that I've hit the metaphorical wall. My ceremony is non-traditional, out side, and the site has no power. This is fine for a August wedding in Ohio, but I'm ata loss for music. I can't run a cord out (Metro park said something about safety risks) and with a short ceremony (probably 15 mins max) hiring a musican seems expensive. Does anyone have any ideas, or know of musicians that may work with me on a price?

Ceremony site:

Re: No power at ceremony site

• Options
    Can you get a ipod and a battery powered ipod speaker system? That'd be your best bet.
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    Consider hiring a local college student to play violin or some other instrument that works on its own.  There are local boards to the left to give more specific ideas. 

How big is your wedding?  If the guest list is large you might want to figure out a way to amplify your voices too.  It's always the pits to be a guest at a wedding where you can't hear what's going on during the vows.
  • Options
    Do you need to worry about any kind of microphone so your guests can your the officient as well as the two of you?
  • Options
    I am looking at 100 guest, and its a pretty open space. I think we may have issues with sound
  • Options

We are having the same sort of issue in ours.  We have lucked out and my MOH's boyfriend is a great singer and guitar player so we are planning to have him sing some acoustic songs for us while we enter and walk in and out.  I think having live music at an outdoor wedding is really nice, we went to one in the summer that had a quartet playing.  If you want more budget, I would ask friends who play/sing or if you know someone as an acquaintance even contact them.  Or probably a local college student like a PP suggested is a great idea.  They don't need to be 'wedding professionals' to be good at music :) 

• Options
    We'll be buying a Bose Soundlink wireless mobile speaker.  We're going to be using it for our ceremony music and then afterwards we'll use it at home.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    I am dealing with the same situation.  Non-traditional outdoor wedding with no electricity for miles.  My fiance is a DJ and we are going to be using a car battery and an inverter to power our sound system.
  • Options
    andrealinley how much time/power does a car battery give you and what type of equipment are you hooking up to it? We have a solar panel that we charge old car batteries with for the hell of it but never really did anything with them. 

I'm still looking at musicians, thanks for the college student idea, I'm already hiring WSU film students for photography (cheap and they are awesome at editing) don't know why I didn't think of their music department.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards