Honeymoon Discussions

Need some honeymoon ideas

So, after our budget was shot to hell with a way more expensive catering bill than we thought, our money saved for the honeymoon drastically decreased.  We want an all inclusive hotel and we are open to go just about anywhere.  Bahams, jamaica, aruba, seriously, anywhere with a pretty beach.  I've looked on all the travel sites and nothing really seems that reasonable.  We have $3000 to make this honeymoon happen.  Any help or suggestions would be wonderful!  Thanks!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need some honeymoon ideas

• Riveria Maya, Mexico is one of the best places to stretch a budget, plus it has some of prettiest ranked beaches in the world.  We HMed at Secrets Maroma Beach and loved it.  It may be slightly over your budget depending how long and when you want to go; but you could also check out Secrets Capri, which is slightly less but still has great reviews.  We had friend HM there who raved about it.
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2012
    We took a 7 night Southern Carribbean cruise from Puerto Rico for about $1000 pp. That included the airfare.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We wanted to do a Hawaiian honeymoon, but ended up with the same problem.  The wedding catering murdered our budget and we had to drastically cut back our honeymoon plans.

So, we decided that beaches were for our one-year anniversary, and the honeymoon would instead be on a lovely resort/ranch tucked up in the rocky mountains.  It was AMAZING.  We got our own private cabin, and access to all sorts of activities if we wanted to be adventurous.  I'm SO happy we did what we did.   They had to practically shoo us away with a broom once the week was done! lol.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• I think Mexico is your best bet.  Dh and I went to Cancun in February and it was awesome.  It was $4k for a week, but we went during school vacation when the prices are jacked up.  Stayed at the Sun Palace which is an AI resort chain.  You can go to any of their other properties in Cancun and have free food/drinks.  It's safe off the resort.  I was nervous given all the talk about drug wars and violence, but we went off the resort twice, took the public bus, took the ferry, etc.  No problems whatsoever.  
  • Amenter- which resort in DR?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards