Outdoor Weddings
Options

Deciding on an outside wedding

I am between two venues for my wedding...I LOVE the one that will have the ceremony outside but I am hesitant bc I dont love the plan B at this particular place.  For everyone who is having an outside ceremony did you just pick the place becuase you loved it even though if it rains it wont be the same?

Re: Deciding on an outside wedding

• Options
    I am also having an outdoor wedding at a state park in from of a waterfall. Our backup plan is at the pavillon that is pretty plain. We had still choosen this place because we loved the waterfall even though plan B isn't the greatest.

Pray for good weather.
  • Options
    I knew that I wanted something outside.  When we were originally planning, we were going to have our ceremony outside and then have our reception indoors.  Well, now everything is taking place outside.  We have decided to wed at our home, so it may be a little different from your situation.  But, it all depends on the "feel" that you and your fiance are looking for.   I'm nervous about the weather, sure, but I can't be controlled by things that are outside of my control.
  • Options
    We are having our ceremony and reception outside my parents house in their field. We have rented 2 large tents for the reception and the backup plan for the ceremony is to have it under the tent if it rains and have everyone sit at their seats! When it came down to deciding whether to have it at my parents' house outdoors or at our local country club. It really came down to what the ceremony would be like if it rained. Inside the country club was smaller and a strange orientation, with hideous paint color, etc! That helped make my decision! Good luck :)
  • Options

From the beginning I wanted and outdoor wedding & never ever pictured my self getting married indoors ( I would if i had to but i wouldnt want to lol)....Plan B isnt the greatest Pray to god it doesnt rain & everyones smart enough to bring umberellas if it does...another cute idea that i found only AFTER I bought my favors is umbreallas from dollartree.com there only a dollar & make for a great plan B lol GOOD LUCK...oh it only rains 8 days in june so im praying June 5th is NOT one of the 8!

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love
  • Options
    I am getting married at an old barn! We are having the ceremony and reception on the grounds. We will have a tent for the reception, but are hoping to have the ceremony in the field and cocktail hour outside of the barn. I don't love plan B which is having everything in the tent, but it is worth the risk because I LOVE the location so much!!!
  • Options
    I am torn because I've always wanted an outside wedding, especially in the beautiful fall weather.  But the place does not have a plan b, so I'm worried.  Any ideas?  My wedding is in October, and there is no family land that it could take place on either.
  • Options
    I think everyone planning on an outside wedding is praying for good weather :) I mean we all chose to have our wedding outside because we love where it will be, so of course everyone's plan B isn't going to be ideal... but hey - at least you get to marry your amazing FI, which is truely all that matters
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I chose to have an outdoor ceremony...despite the fact that the weather could go both ways. I chose not to care about rain, and just prepare for it. I have always been one for nature...and to have my wedding outside in the beautiful green mountains of Vermont...there was no second guesses. If I were you, I would stick with the outside venue and just prepare for the worst ( rain)...so when it turns out to be nice...you'll be ready!
  • Options
    Xtine22Xtine22 member
    First Comment

We are getting married at FI parents house they live on 20 acres.. Tented reception outdoor ceremony as PP our Plan B is most likely having people sit in the seats. (But it will NOT rain)

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic width=220>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards