Outdoor Weddings
Options

How much ALCOHOL?

I'm having beer, wine and a margarita machine for 250 people-- I am not sure on how much I should buy for each? Any suggestions?!

Re: How much ALCOHOL?

• Options
    There's a beverage calculator on evite.com - this will probably help you out. http://www.evite.com/pages/party/drink-calculator.jsp

Also, ask the company providing the machine how much tequila to purchase - generally they have special mix that you have to use.
  • Options
    Ditto the finding a place that accepts returns.  Go to a little local store and talk to the manager.  We had 75 people and served beer, red and white wine, and champagne.  We also had vodka for vodka/lemonades during the cocktail hour.  We used hardly any beer (odd I thought considering we had a huge number of beer drinkers) about 2 handles of vodka, all the champagne (probably 25 bottles...somepeople just drank it all night!) and I can't remember how much wine exactly, but we returned 4 cases after we gave away bottles to most of my friends at the end of the night.  I think we used somewhere in the ballpark of 3 cases each of red and white.  Having the returns option was key because I just over-bought with no worries about anything being a waste of money.
    We're currently on a 15 month trip around the world!
    **Check out our travel blog**
    Planning Bio Married Bio
  • Options
    With a backyard wedding. Does one need to get a liquor license in order to serve alcohol on their own private property? and if someone is intoxicated and they drive home and proceed to get into an accident, could i be sued for that? These are just a few of my concerns with serving alcohol at my wedding. But who wants to go to a dry wedding?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've been a bartender for a pretty good portion of my life, here is my experience in some of your questions. On private property you do not need a liquor license to serve alcohol, but I would check local law. As for being sued, well that is a touchy subject. In my state I have seen the corporation, the manager, and the bartender be sued for overserving someone who killed someone else when they left the establishment. Even in the profession it is hard to cut someone off, I would imagine it is harder to cut a wedding party member off without an argument or hurt feelings. I suppose you could hire a car service or something to that effect for the night, or even have air mattresses/spare bedrooms set up for those who need to stay the night.
  • Options
    We were really worried about the drinking and driving, so we hired a bus service to shuttle people to and from our house.  People used it and were thankful they didn't have to worry about it.  It also eliminated the parking problem...
    We're currently on a 15 month trip around the world!
    **Check out our travel blog**
    Planning Bio Married Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards