Outdoor Weddings

Outdoor Ceremony Music

Hi ladies! I was wondering how those of you who are having an outdoor ceremony are planning on handling the music, especially if your reception will be indoors?

Re: Outdoor Ceremony Music

• Our DJ will be setting up a smaller version of his music outside and then the full setup indoors for our reception. If you are having a DJ I would ask how he would normally do it.

If you are having musicians, Quartet I would see if they need extra equipment and go from there.
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • I have my DJ for unlimited time, so he will set up his secondary sound equipment outisde. I also hired a local violinist to play the music, so we will only need his mics and speakers. Are you wanting to have music played over speakers, or have live performers?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our friend played guitar and brough his own amp.  Our friend sang and the venue provided 1 mic and speaker, so the officiant just handed off the mic to her. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_outdoor-ceremony-music-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:863488b2-8705-4d48-8d43-2f639dc92ad5Post:2bf98e55-e35c-4938-a1aa-1671e57ebbaa">Re: Outdoor Ceremony Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our DJ will be setting up a smaller version of his music outside and then the full setup indoors for our reception. If you are having a DJ I would ask how he would normally do it. If you are having musicians, Quartet I would see if they need extra equipment and go from there.
    Posted by medusia00[/QUOTE]

This.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have two ideas for mine.. 

1st.. My DJ also sings and has offered to sing for the ceremony or just set up his secondary equipment.

2nd.. My sister had a string quartet... I didn't like the idea of this at all but they played beautifully and were cute set up outside by some honey suckle bushes. 
  • we have a dj and letting her handle all of it. we are however trying to determine if she would have to move her equipment. the ceremony and reception will pretty much be in the same area.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_outdoor-ceremony-music-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:863488b2-8705-4d48-8d43-2f639dc92ad5Post:2bf98e55-e35c-4938-a1aa-1671e57ebbaa">Re: Outdoor Ceremony Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Our DJ will be setting up a smaller version of his music outside and then the full setup indoors for our reception</strong>. If you are having a DJ I would ask how he would normally do it. If you are having musicians, Quartet I would see if they need extra equipment and go from there.
    Posted by medusia00[/QUOTE]

This is what our DJ is doing as well.
    Anniversary
  • My wedding is going to be at a park in Gatlinburg, TN and after the honeymoon we're coming back and throwing a reception. So for music at the reception I'm going to ask my little sister, whose friend can play the violin and guitar, if she thinks her friend could just play for the ceremony. Beautiful and affordable! Her friend actually had a Christian band and made a CD.

Maybe you know someone who knows someone that can play the violin or guitar or even a harp??? Instead of paying an hourly rate you could just ask what they would charge to do it and if they say they would not charge anything, go ahead and give them an amount that you feel comfortable with.

Good luck with your wedding and all of the planning! I hope that your special day is absolutely wonderful and filled with love!
  • What if there's no DJ or musician? Howwould it work with an iPod?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We will be having my brother play acoustic guitar for the ceremony, then an ipod playing during the also outdoor cocktail hour, then DJ playing the indoor reception,
    August 2011 Challenge: Honeymoon ~ Favorite E-Pics! Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards