Outdoor Weddings

pavilion decor

I'm having a rustic/woodsy themed casual wedding with BBQ food. I'm having the ceremony at my local park and the reception is right around the corner in a pavilion. My centerpieces are a luminary surrounded by votives on a bed of ferns. My problem is the pavilion. It's run down and unfortunately has been vandalized. I want to decorate it keeping with the theme and add lighting. I was condering using pre-lite fern garlands around the pillars and globe string lights hanging from the ceiling. But I can't find any of those items under $40 a piece. Please let me know of any sites that I could look at or any other ideas that might cover up the graffiti which is also on the picnic table tops and benchs. Thank you.

Re: pavilion decor

• We held a wedding in a pavillion years ago and had the same problem - there was grafitti everywhere.  We got rolls of gossamer fabric from a prom supply place (Stumps, maybe?) that was 60" wide and covered the table tops. We did the seats as well as they were rough and we were worrried about guests snagging their clothing. We just used spray glue and glued under the seats and tables.

We put regular white Christmas type lights up on the inside of the roof and draped the fabric from a center point - that covered the graffiti on the ceiling and we continued down the poles to cover them. I recall that we had about 2 rolls as they were really long (maybe 50+ yards?) and it only cost aroung $100 total.

We used a pavillion for a Scout event one time and had the same problem. The dads all got together and with the park district's permission sanded the flat surfaces of the tables and benches to remove the grafitti. It was kind of a community service project, but men love power tools - may your groom and GM's could do this as a get together? Just add pizza and beer!

Good Luck!
  • I just checked Stumps.com and they have the fabric printed with ivy that might go with your theme...
  • Your florist might be able to help too! -They often have great/creative ideas for this kind of thing! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards