Outdoor Weddings
Options

including the rain location on the invite?

hello knot community.

most likely our beach wedding will happen on a beautiful sunny day, but we have a backup plan if the rain is driving.  do i include that location on the invitation?

how about including our wedding website url on the back of the inviation...stating that details can be found there. (I am making them myself - somewhat casual)

thanks

Re: including the rain location on the invite?

• Options
    I think including the backup locations at the bottom of the invite in smaller font would be a good idea.
  • Options
    I would include it on a separate enclosure instead of on the invite.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I would include the rain location information on the invitation mainly because when I go to weddings, I usually just bring the invitation and directions that came with it to the wedding.  If it isn't on there, how else will the guests know where to go?  Would you have someone at the beach telling them where to go?  Just curious.

Not sure about the wedding website thing.  I always thought you were not supposed to put it on the invite, but if it is more casual, maybe doesn't matter?
  • Options

We got married outside in May on a beach in CT and I included our rain plan on the directions (which i created myself) as well as the cell phone numbers of my maid of honor and my husbands best man. 

Here is a link to my real wedding contest submission feel free to vote! :)

http://www.theknot.com/my-real-wedding/Photo/151194/a-connecticut-beach-wedding-tara-amp-craig-gambardella

hope that helps!
    Tara

• Options
    I agree with the suggestion of including the rain plan on a separate enclosure instead of your actual invitation.
    Let's hope you don't need it! :)

-Emily at White Blossom Weddings & Events
    Daytona Beach Coordination Service
    http://whiteblossomweddings.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards