Outdoor Weddings

Outside wedding, need lighting help!

Hey ladies,
I am having my reception on the rooftop of a building in late May.  The sun sets at 8 so we should have a good amount of light until 8:45 or so.  But does anyonw have suggestions of the best/brightest light ropes for the night time?  I need help!

Thanks in advance!

Re: Outside wedding, need lighting help!

• Oh I love the thought of an outdoor wedding - that's what we are planning on doing.
    I would assume there aren't actual trees on the rooftop? Are there any potted trees? If not, perhaps renting/buying some and stringing white lights around them. 
    Are you tenting the rooftop? If so, you can have small spot lights on the side walls facing upwards?
    Also think about candles. 
  • SpookieCatSpookieCat member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    We decorated our tent with globe lights and lanterns from partylights.com and even more lanterns from lunabazaar.com.  I loved the look of the globe lights and how they have a real incandescent glow to them.

We did pay for the lighting ourselves though - I am hoping to sell it all at some point but I haven't gotten it all put back together as of yet. 

You may want to ask the venue if anyone has ever rented lighting before - this may be a cheaper option in your area.  Otherwise if you have tall things to hang lights from I suggest you shop around online for the best option - lots of companies offer free shipping so their prices are pretty good. 

Edit:  Look for photos under reception in my bio
  • Check out IKEA.... They have awesome paper floor lamps and very cool lamps and lighting really cheap....
  • what about luminarias around the walls? add the LED lights in them and they light up fairly well. some sites have them with wedding designs like dove cut outs. we used them at Relay for Life around the track. WHen they turned the lights out the luminarias lit the place up pretty well. plus they arent in the way like floor lamps might be.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards