Outdoor Weddings

Tent lighting.

Hi! I am getting married in a 40x40 tent in my sisters backyard. The tents don't come with lighting but does anyone have any suggestions on how much lighting to have? I bought some
Mini Christmas lights on sale, but nt sure if I need more. The tent square footage is 1600, and I'm thinking maybe 1 light per sq foot, I have 1100 right now but not sure if 1600 would be excessive or not? Any help is appreciated.

Oh and the wedding is aug 31 so would be sunny out until about 8 and then it would be very dark later on.

Re: Tent lighting.

• I am also having a tent reception in my aunt's backyard. 

When I ordered my tent, they recommended lights that that will go along the perimeter of the tent - which I ordered through them.  I have not seen them, but I am thinking they are rope lights.  I am also renting globe lights to string across the tent for additional lighting (they were cheaper to rent than buy). 

Are you planning to have any additional lights other than the christmas lights?  Were you just wanting them around the outside?  I think you need to check the length of each strand and see if that will cover the perimiter, instead of the bulb count.  If christmas lights are 150 count, but only 9 feet long, then you will need a lot more than 1,100 lights.  

Good luck!
  • Wow, thank you I never thought about the length, which is clearly an obvious answer. I don't think we will have any other lights right now, and the place we rented the tent from doesnt have lighting. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards