Outdoor Weddings

Bathrooms???

My FI and I want to get married on a beautiful private beach...the only problem is we're having trouble finding a reception venue that will accomodate our 200 guests...

So we were thinking about just setting up a tent on the same beach as the ceremony.  The problem with that is there will be no restrooms available!  Now, I know we can get port-o-pottys...but yuck!  I don't want to have to pee in a smelly box on my wedding day.  A friend of ours said that they have nice, sanitary and pleasant smelling ones you can rent these days, but I'm afraid they're not going to be nice enough and I'm afraid it will be tacky. 

Any thoughts???

Re: Bathrooms???

• dparisidparisi member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    The new porta potties are fabulous.  They are really big, with nice mahogany paneling, a big sink area (with gold faucets), beautifully decorated.  Before you stress, you should check them out.
  • Really, there are some pretty fab "porta potties" that you can rent - they're called restroom trailers.  See the second picture of this blog:
    http://www.bridalbuds.com/2009/03/every-party-has-a-pooper/
    weddingcollage
  • ok wow...I did check out that photo on the blog and it actually looked really nice.  I had to laugh because it almost looked nicer than the restrooms at a venue we looked at!   My only concern is how much they cost...especially for 200 guests and an open bar!  I requested a quote, so I guess I'll find out soon!  Thanks so much!!!  I feel a lot better now :-)
  • The trailers are much better than regular port-a-potties.  And even if you did rent the green box, they are clean when you get them. It's not like the city park or state fair.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • the port a potties won't break the bank. I'm paying around $200 for one "deluxe" one, and that should accomodate about 50 people. You could probably get away with 3. That includes taxes and a hefty delivery fee since our reception is a bit far from the septic company, so depending on how close you are, you may pay even less.
    We're just two lost souls swimmin' in a fish bowl, year after year
  • The restroom trailers are nice!  It's tough to ask guests to use a PP after they've paid all this money on their outfits/hair/makeup and on your gift(s).  Definitely shop around b/c I found prices varied anywhere from $1300-$3000 for a two-stall trailer.  The economy stinks - it's definitely worth trying to negotiate or get free delivery too! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker My Bio 137 image 57 image 8 image Number Not Repliedimage RSVP Date July 31
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards