Outdoor Weddings

Will propane heaters provide sufficient heat for outdoor winter wedding?

We're in Arizona, so our winters aren't very harsh, but we're considering an outdoor venue in Tucson for a January 4th wedding. They said they do a lot of winter weddings and they have plenty of tabletop and free standing heaters. We're expecting maybe about 140-150 people. Has anyone had experience with using heaters at their wedding? Will it provide enough heat for everyone all night? The average low in Tucson in January is about 40 degrees. I'm from the Phoenix area, so that's cold to me... and my dress is sleeveless.

Re: Will propane heaters provide sufficient heat for outdoor winter wedding?

• I would post this on your local board.  You'll probably get better responses.
  • Ask your venue if you can talk to some of their previous brides.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_will-propane-heaters-provide-sufficient-heat-for-outdoor-winter-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:90f8ed69-6fad-425a-bad3-cd126d1536d9Post:5719f244-a7fb-4eee-9cd6-0bddbc206cdd">Will propane heaters provide sufficient heat for outdoor winter wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're in Arizona, so our winters aren't very harsh, but we're considering an outdoor venue in Tucson for a January 4th wedding. They said they do a lot of winter weddings and they have plenty of tabletop and free standing heaters. We're expecting maybe about 140-150 people. Has anyone had experience with using heaters at their wedding? Will it provide enough heat for everyone all night? The average low in Tucson in January is about 40 degrees. I'm from the Phoenix area, so that's cold to me... and my dress is sleeveless.
    Posted by Saracuda79[/QUOTE]

Are you planning on having a tent, or is it just outdoors? When I was looking into tents I found that tent heaters, rather than free standing heaters were supposed to be better. If you are out in the elements with free standing heaters, it will get pretty cold. My friends wedding in the evening in California, in summer, had free standing heaters. There was one about a foot away from me and I was still FREEZING. If you decide to go this direction, you may want to get a nice faux fur shawl or cloak to go over your dress, and warn your guests it is outside and they need to dress warm.
  • I would look into a tent heater as well.  I don't think I would personally want to sit in the cold evening and eat or enjoy any part of festivities.  I get grouchy when I'm cold :)   LOL!!!
  • What if it's windy?  Usually those heaters are pretty useless if a breeze kicks up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards