Outdoor Weddings

ceremony seating idea....help!

I dont really want to rent chairs, I would much rather have benches with fabric covers/draping. Has anyone ever seen this or know if backless bench seats can be rented? I cant seem to find it anywhere. Kinda bummed.

Re: ceremony seating idea....help!

• Post on your local board (link on left for Local Wedding Boards)

I've also found google to be tremendously helpful, just google for what you want in your geographic area.
  • You should call some of the rental companies.  They may not have that seating on their website but they may have it in stock.  If they don't have it then they may be able to refer you to someone who does.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks! I think I will definetly call the local rental companies that is a good idea. Im just in the first stages of planning and still kinda browsing and researching to get a feel for what I want to do. :)
  • Are you a lawyer?
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • No Im not a lawyer, Im a photographer Smile.....I am really curious as to why you asked that though
  • Because you used your whole name as a screen name and it's easy for people to google you and find information when you do that.  I would recommend closing this account and making a new one for your safety.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • I'm getting married on the beach and all the rental places down there rent white benches. That's what we are using as well and I've found them to be much cheaper than renting chairs.

Good Luck finding them!
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you wedding is a little more casual and country I've actually been to a wedding where they used square hay bails for seating.  It was adorable for a cute country themed wedding.  You could dress them up a little by putting some sort of fabric or material down the centers of them.  In the spring and early summer you can typically get hay bails dirt cheap from local farmers as we are entering the summer season when they do their cutting and bailing.  Get in on the leftovers from last year, which they are typically trying to get rid of before this years harvest begins.

• Where on the beach are you getting married?
  • I'm getting married outside at the beginning of October. I'm not renting very many chairs. I've been to so many outdoor weddings where the guests stood. Our ceremony will only be about 10-15 mins long so I'm not really worrying about it. We are having 225+ pple at the ceremony. I've decided to rent only about 24 chairs for elders and imediate family - 12/side.
    Do you think that's ok? It's extremely expensive to rent enough chairs for everyone and we are already paying an extra fee for chair covers at the reception....
    Thanks for your help
  • LOL We will have a microphone and sound system
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards