Outdoor Weddings

Outdoor Dancing

I am having a wedding outdoors in Miami, FL in late October, at a rented Estate. Although I am looking forward to a dinner under the stars (there is a backup roofed terrace in case of rain), I am not sure if creating an outside dance floor really creates a party atmosphere and gets people do actually join in the dancing. Has anyone been to a wedding with a similar set-up? I thought about having a separate tent area for the dancing, but it's a small party (about 70 people), so it might really dilute everything to split people up. To make things more complicated, I have hired a band that would play acoustic/background music during dinner, and then kick it up for dancing, but I can't see how I would accomplish having them do both if there is a separate danging area... can't imagine them moving all their equipment from on area to the next even if they are nearby with all the guests watching!

Re: Outdoor Dancing

• We are having our wedding outdoors also and will have the dance floor as a center.
    Yes,people will dance,if you are on the dance floor..I wouldn't separate the wedding into different spaces,but keep it all together.
    We have a musician playing also accoustic music before the ceremony and during dinner,however we hired a DJ who will take over after dinner.If people rather mingle, then have the band play music accordingly.They can adjust to the feel of your wedding.
    I'm going to leave that up to our DJ,I love dancing and will be on the dance floor by myself, if necesssary.
  • What is the floor-plan of the area? We also rented an old estate and used half the yard for the tables and the other half was a cobblestone patio we used as the dance-floor. We also put some smaller tables lining the dance-floor for people to sit and look on or to place their drinks while they danced, this tied it in pretty well with the "dining area".
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards