Outdoor Weddings
Options

Decorating Chairs Outside

I'm just starting the planning stages ... but I want a really pretty garden feel.
Do you think this garland speaks romantic wedding?

Re: Decorating Chairs Outside

• Options
    It's not my style, but if you like it, then go with it.  It's definitely unique.   Do you have a use for something like this after the wedding?  Will you keep it, use it, or try to sell it?

Unsolicited advice: weigh the cost of renting vs. buying decorations, or using floral decorations.  It's easy to end up buying a lot of stuff that you will not use or need afterward.  But if you know you have a use for it, or will be able to sell it or otherwise get rid of it, then buying something could be less expensive than renting.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    In my honest opinion it looks a little messy but maybe that is just me.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_decorating-chairs-outside?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:a2f1a69c-15c8-40b9-a6d5-a58aabff5509Post:d1b5bcec-d6a4-49fc-aad0-ec31fd7424b6">Re: Decorating Chairs Outside</a>:
    [QUOTE]In my honest opinion it looks a little messy but maybe that is just me.
    Posted by kristeno90[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with this.</div><div>
    </div><div>I think you could make it yourself for less and make it look better. The idea doesn't suck the execution in this photo does suck. </div>
  • Options
    It looks more shabby chic than romantic.

Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_decorating-chairs-outside?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:a2f1a69c-15c8-40b9-a6d5-a58aabff5509Post:6277d5c8-b0a4-4783-a029-daedd5494086">Re: Decorating Chairs Outside</a>:
    [QUOTE]It looks more shabby chic than romantic.
    Posted by jagore08[/QUOTE]

Agreed
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    Agreed with jagore!  What about just light pink organza chair ties or something that is soft & rosey?
  • Options
    I wouldn't normally give my opinion but since you asked..I think it looks like handkerchiefs on a clothing line.

Keep looking and something will just jump out and you'll know its perfect!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you really like the idea of this, why don't you go to the thrift store, or an attic and find old handkerchiefs, you could easily stitch them together.  I would definitely iron them though... the creases in the picture really make it look messy. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards