Outdoor Weddings

Beach wedding-chairs???

We are having our wedding on the beach.  Since we are doing most of the planning, decorating, etc. ourselves, we have a family member that will let us use their company's metal folding chairs for guests to sit in during the ceremony.  Any ideas on how to spruce them up without paying a ton?  They are your typical brownish metal folding chairs.

Thanks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: Beach wedding-chairs???

• If you have limited budget, just decorate the aisle.  People won't be looking at the chairs anyway.  Brown will blend with the sand and once people are sitting in them you won't be able to see much of the chair.

If money and effort is no object, paper cones with shells or tulle bows would be pretty. :)
  • If it were me, i'd decorate with chair sashes - either tulle or satin.  They can be expensive to buy but you should be able to rent for fairly cheep or buy used (check the classifieds for your colors). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We hung starfish from ours. Are you doing programs? You can have them hanging from the chairs.
  • guests don't usually care about chairs so you can use cheap chairs and put something to it like sashes. it will look more great.
  • If there is going to be sand underneath where the chairs are, I'd suggest laying some fabric down so that guests don't feel the chair legs digging into the sand as much, and so that the don't get too much sand in their shoes (though I'm sure they'll wear beachy shoes to a beach wedding).

Other than that, I agree with PP's about sashes or hanging something from the chairs, or at least along the aisle.

Also, are the metal chairs going to be sitting out in the sun for a long period of time? That might not be comfortable for guests...my cousin had an outdoor wedding and my legs were burning from sitting on the hot metal chairs! I'd put some fabric or umbrellas over the chairs until just before guests arrive, so they are burning hot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards