Outdoor Weddings

Tent Lighting issue

I am having a june wedding in Colorado.  Ceremony at 6ish and reception to follow.  The sun sets around 8:45 that time of year, I need ideas on how to light the insides of the tent please.  I will run christmas/globe lights between the tents.  (2 medium tents facing each other with open area for dancing.  THANKS!

Re: Tent Lighting issue

• The most common / affordable way is can uplights next to the tent legs.  You can angle them up to the top of the tent to reflect down.  I've also seen some string lights (like white Christmas lights).

We had chandeliers hung from the top in ours:

If light is really a problem, you can also consider candlelight in your centerpieces to give more visibility around the tables.
  • you can also use paper lanterns which I think is very popular for tent weddings.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • You can also wait until after Christmas and get a lot of lights at the store and string those.
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • The tent rental company might be able to suggest a few different options as well.
    DSC_9275
  • ginadogginadog member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think bistro lights are very nice and surprisingly bright.

Or add a paper lantern over the bulb for a glowy look.

http://blog.elevatedpulsepro.com/2011/08/orange-county-wedding-spotlight-laguna.html
  • We had string lighting around the tent's perimeter, trees with candles (the little battery operated kind) hung in the branches, and tea lights on the tables and it was fine.  You'd be suprised how bright the perimeter lighting is.  If you want more light (do you want the tent to be very bright, or more a soft light?) the lanterns or pole up-lighting seem like good options.  Make sure you clear everything with the tent company beforehand though, our company would not let us hang anything from the tent ceiling.  
    We're currently on a 15 month trip around the world!
    **Check out our travel blog**
    Planning Bio Married Bio
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_tent-lighting-issue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:acafa40a-0919-4157-b5ae-f6347b9593dcPost:39b02293-c517-48d4-b45f-b1adaeecaa86">Re: Tent Lighting issue</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>We had string lighting around the tent's perimeter</strong>, trees with candles (the little battery operated kind) hung in the branches, and tea lights on the tables and it was fine.  <strong>You'd be suprised how bright the perimeter lighting is.</strong>  If you want more light (do you want the tent to be very bright, or more a soft light?) the lanterns or pole up-lighting seem like good options.  Make sure you clear everything with the tent company beforehand though, our company would not let us hang anything from the tent ceiling.  
    Posted by subdola[/QUOTE]

My BFF had perimeter lighting (icicles - perfect timing if you need to buy them) and they really lit up the (very large) tent.  She had the white ones with white wiring.  They look amazing in pics too.  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards