Outdoor Weddings

Farmers Almanac prediction for 6/16/13

I am getting married in the OBX and was wondering what the weather prediction is for that day.  Thanks
Jen

Re: Farmers Almanac prediction for 6/16/13

• i believe you can look it up online and see what it has been over the years or what could be on that day

• There is no possible way to predict what the weather is going to be like over 6 months from now.  Don't trust any prediction you see.

You CAN look for weather trends for the OBX over the last few years....what were the high and low temps?  How many rainy days in June?   
    DSC_9275
  • Right up until the day of our wedding, the entire week was looking clear and sunny. Then SURPRISE! It was misting while I got married. You just can't be sure. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_farmers-almanac-prediction-for-61613?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:b1c097ba-2cc4-4818-8ce4-19eec436e927Post:48eef2f5-d7ce-4744-b73c-2ffb8023c966">Re: Farmers Almanac prediction for 6/16/13</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is no possible way to predict what the weather is going to be like over 6 months from now.  Don't trust any prediction you see. You CAN look for weather trends for the OBX over the last few years....what were the high and low temps?  How many rainy days in June?   
    Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I did this for my wedding date/month. Even went back 20 years and did an average rainfall for my wedding date, cause I'm a nerd like that. Only rained 3 times on our date in the last 20 years, and only rained a total of .9 inches over those 20 years. It POURED on our wedding day.</div><div>
    </div><div>So agreed the first part of this post, that you can't trust any predictor for the weather on your wedding day. If you have an outdoor wedding, have a back up plan. We would have been screwed had our ceremony space not been covered.

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_farmers-almanac-prediction-for-61613?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:b1c097ba-2cc4-4818-8ce4-19eec436e927Post:48eef2f5-d7ce-4744-b73c-2ffb8023c966">Re: Farmers Almanac prediction for 6/16/13</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is no possible way to predict what the weather is going to be like over 6 months from now.  Don't trust any prediction you see. You CAN look for weather trends for the OBX over the last few years....what were the high and low temps?  How many rainy days in June?   
    Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]

That is what the Farmer's Almanac does.
  • How can one go back twenty years of forecasts? I have been looking at the weekend of my wedding for 2014 and it has rained one sunday in the last 3 years.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards