Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoon Help!! the royal cancun? vs others?

So my FI and I have been having a hard time deciding where to go for our honeymoon.  All we know is we do not want to go to jamaica, and the bahamas are to expensive. Ideally we would like to spend around 2500 3k max but would ideally like to spennd the extra 500 for excursions and what not.  We are looking into the Royal Cancun which we are getting for a discounted rate through a family friend who has a timeshare there.  I am having some second thoughts, not that i dont like the resort i  have heard many great things but am just wondering if i can find something better i guess for maybe the same price.  This is the first time either of us will be out of the country so i am lost on what to expect from an AI and what it offers.  Does anyone have an opinion on this resort? am i just being stubborn and looking to far into it?  any other reccomendations within this price range would be welcomed as well. Thanks in advance!! Def want to book ASAP seeing prices just keep rising!
202 Invitedimage 137 Ready to Party!!!image 65 don't know how to have fun! image RSVP Date August 4th Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honeymoon Help!! the royal cancun? vs others?

• Options
    My dh and I just got back from the Sun Palace in Cancun on Friday.  It was awesome.  We paid $4k, but that included our round trip air fare from Boston.  And it was school vacation week, so the flights were almost half of our total cost.  The resort is running a promotion where they give you a $1500 credit to use on a variety of activities for free.  We got 2 excursions, a couples massage, a manicure and a romantic dinner on the beach.  I would definitely recommend it.  It's a chain too so there are other palace resorts in Cancun and other areas. We visited two others while we were there.  
  • Options
    I've never been but I know the Royal in Cancun and The Royal Playa del Carmen are really nice resorts that are often highly spoken of. What kind of "deal" are you getting? That would really impact our answers. What airport do you fly out of?
  • Options
    We stayed at the royal cancun two years ago and loved it! I have a review and pics in the link above my siggy pic if you would like to check it out. Hth and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.
  • Options

I would be flying out of either atlantic city, or newark nj. The deal still puts me under 3000 budget but after some mix ups with prices it should have been closer to the 2500 mark.  The flights are what is so expensive about 1000 round trip.  I guess was just seeing how others who visisted have enjoyed the resort and if there were other recs maybe better for about the same price. like i said i am lost when it comes to resorts and being out of the country so im wondering if this deal is really worth it compared to what the resort offers.

202 Invitedimage 137 Ready to Party!!!image 65 don't know how to have fun! image RSVP Date August 4th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We just got back from the Royal last night. It was an amazing honeymoon. The place is beautiful!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I can't compare the resort to others since it's the only one i've been to in Mexico but me and my husband had a great time. It's very relaxing, the rooms are clean and the ocean view is amazing. I am a VERY picky eater and wasn't too crazy about the food (I don't eat any seafood and there was tons of it) but DH ate everything in sight lol. We paid over $3,000 for 7 nights but the week we stayed is pretty busy for travel. Let me know if you have any other questions. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My uncle went to the Royal recently and he and his fiance said it was amazing and paradise.  They said the food was completely gourmet and they were treated like a king and queen. They literally had ZERO complaints!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We own at the Royal Mayan, a sister resort in Cancun.  You cannot go wrong with the Royal Resorts.  They are amazingly beautiful resorts.  We are staying at the Royal Sands in Cancun in May for 2 weeks with our granddaughter.  Will you be getting a suite or a room?  If you get a suite I would definitely recommend it.  We do not like to eat out every meal and having the full condo is great.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    My FI and I really like cruising. It's the best of both worlds and you can't beat the price. The first time we went we spent about 2k including airfare and spending money for shopping/taxis/excursions/etc. The second time we went we spent about 3k (including airfare and spending money again), but we spurgled and got a balcony. I've been debating whether we should go on a cruise for our honeymoon or do an all inclusive for something different though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards