Outdoor Weddings
Options

Horrible Experience at Blithewald Mansion in Bristol, RI

I just had my daughter's wedding at Blithewald and Karen Belivance who is the wedding coordinator and her asistant Ann Marie were HORRIBLE to work with.  Our wedding cost over $85,000 and they treated our family and our vendors TERRIBLY!!!  I will be glad to give you my list of grievances but lets start with the fact that the wedding must end at 10:30 and every venror, every guest, every table, chair, piece of linen, every scrap has to be off the property by 11!  at 11:10 my daughter, the bride was told to get her and her vendors off her property NOW!   Sweet isnt she? She says yes to things in the beginning then renegs 6 days before the wedding. That would be our liquor vendor.... Good thing my daughters father is a lawyer!  Karen Belivance was actually enjoying being mean!  If you fight back with her she eventually backs down, but she makes you so nervous and upset that its horrible....my advise is If you WIN a FREE WEDDING AT BLITHEWALD MANSION IN BRISTOL, RI...RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!! Place is a JOKE
Denise Marchetti

Re: Horrible Experience at Blithewald Mansion in Bristol, RI

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_horrible-experience-at-blithewald-mansion-in-bristol-ri?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:c4cae731-75b5-4790-bfff-38cae050ce9cPost:bd19ea62-625a-48cb-b3d6-dbfe3162804d">Horrible Experience at Blithewald Mansion in Bristol, RI</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just had my daughter's wedding at Blithewald and Karen Belivance who is the wedding coordinator and her asistant Ann Marie were HORRIBLE to work with.  Our wedding cost over $85,000 and they treated our family and our vendors TERRIBLY!!!  I will be glad to give you my list of grievances but lets start with the fact that the wedding must end at 10:30 and every venror, every guest, every table, chair, piece of linen, every scrap has to be off the property by 11!  at 11:10 my daughter, the bride was told to get her and her vendors off her property NOW!   Sweet isnt she? She says yes to things in the beginning then renegs 6 days before the wedding. That would be our liquor vendor.... Good thing my daughters father is a lawyer!  Karen Belivance was actually enjoying being mean!  If you fight back with her she eventually backs down, but she makes you so nervous and upset that its horrible....my advise is If you WIN a FREE WEDDING AT BLITHEWALD MANSION IN BRISTOL, RI...RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!! Place is a JOKE Denise Marchetti
    Posted by rosie128[/QUOTE]

IF you would have read the contract, you would have known you would've had to vacate by 11pm, so this is really YOUR fault, not theirs.  Don't be pissed at someone else for your shortcomings.

Who cares if the father is a lawyer?   If it wasn't in writing, you have no ground to stand on.

And for the love of God, take your first and last name out of this post.  There are crazies everywhere!

• Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2012
    P.S.  It just goes to show that money doesn't buy everything, even your $85,000 ;)

Did you think that just b/c you dropped $85K that you would be treated like a special snowflake?  My wedding didn't even cost half as much as that and everything went smoothly.  Leave the $$ out of this as it makes you sound like an arrogant a$$

• Options
    How was it 85,000 if you also got it for free?  Or are you saying you wouldn't EVEN accept a free wedding there after the experience you had?

Well, it doesn't matter anyway. If the rules are "out by 11,"  uh, get out by 11?  Of course you were told to get off the property.  Would many (even most?) venues give you a little wiggle room before somebody says something to the bride herself?  Probably, but that also depends on how you've treated the venue the entire time....and you seem entitled.  That attitude comes across to vendors and is not attractive; they're much less likely to cut you a break if you've been nasty.
  • Options
    well did your daughter still get married? if so, then the day was a success :) focus on that since you can't change what happened reguardless of if it was the venue's fault or yours. who wants to look back on a very expensive wedding any only point out the flaws?
  • Options
    i agree with all pp.  why are u putting this on the outside wedding board you should put your post on the local board.  since im not in RI.  and frankly i dont care.  who the hell would drop 85 k on a 1 day celebration?  geezus thats just stupid
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards