Outdoor Weddings

Outdoor ceremony music help

Ok so I am having an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. Music wise what do I do for when I walk down the aisle!? 

Re: Outdoor ceremony music help

• You have a few options.

1.  Live musicians (string quartet, harp, flute, trumpet, acoustic guitar, etc).  Doesn't require electricity, but can be expensive.  

2.  DJ.  Our ceremony and reception were at the same venue with the ceremony outside and everything else inside.  The DJ did the whole thing (ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception).  He just had a different system set up outside.  It does require electricity, and can be expensive (but not much extra if you already are getting a DJ).

3.  Boom box/iPod.   You can get a battery-powered boom box or iHome and play recorded music (good if you can't afford musicians and have no electricity).  
    DSC_9275
  • We had a string quartet.
  • My niece plays the violin. She's going to play at my outdoor ceremony.
  • I'm having a bag piper!! We love our Scottish heritage...the whole village will know we're getting married!! Lol, not really - our venue is at the beginning of the farmland...but the neighbours will enjoy it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We will be using an iPod or computer hooked up to a speaker for both the ceremony and reception. That way, when it comes time to choose the music, I'm not limited at all. I like having choices!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am having the same type of wedding and I was having the same issue! so these ideas really helped thanks! :
  • I am having an outdoor wedding as well, and my FH and I decided I am going to walk down the aisle to the instrumental version of God Bless the Broken Road. My opinion is to go with a song that means a lot to both of you and if see if they have an instrumental version. Good luck!
  • Thanks everyone!! I appreciate all the help. Love the bag piper idea. Must find man in kilt. haha
  • We are having the same problem. We're having it at a local state park and they don't allow loud music but I want some for at least when I walk down the alse. I liked the idea of using a computer for the wedding and reception! Cool
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards