Outdoor Weddings
Options

Newbie!

Hi guys,
I've been creepin' around on this page for awhile now and thought I should finally introduce myself!!

Knottie name: Aspe85
Location of wedding: Edmonton, AB (Canada)
Wedding date: August 27, 2011
Colours: Black and White (main), Pink, Purple and Orange (accents)
Engaged: October 11, 2009

Booked: Ceremony Venue, Reception Venue, Photographer, Florist
Got my dress already too!!

We're getting married in a botanic garden (obviously outdoors) and I've been lurking on this board for a while gathering ideas and such!

Look forward to planning with you girls!!!

Cool A
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Newbie!

• Options
    Hi there! Welcome to the board! I used hot pink, orange and white in our wedding colors too! Do you have a picture of your dress to share?
  • Options
    I don't have a picture of me in it, as it hasn't come in yet (hopefully end of October!) but here's a link to a picture of it.. I love it.. ♥

http://www.blissfw.com/designers/bluebyenzoani/spring2010/bluebyenzoani_calistoga.html

I do have to admit that I've looked at all of your DIY blogs and got a lot of ideas with the pink and orange theme!! I'm just adding a deep purple in as well! I love the idea of the pomanders you did with the tissue paper, and I have all of the stuff to do it, but we found out later that our "Wedding Lawn" that we were supposed to get married on, is now a "Wedding Patio" (they put paving stones down!) so now I can't use the hooks that I wanted to use (they obviously won't go into concrete..) and the chairs don't have an area that we can find to hook them onto.. so I'm a little upset!! Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thank you! I'm glad that my blog was able to help you! Your dress is absolutely stunning!

How about instead of hooks.. You could hang them off of the chairs!

Or I've seen where you can use them to line the aisle on the ground. I love that idea too!

HTH!
  • Options
    The chairs don't anywhere for the ribbon to hang off of! I'll have to go back and see them and maybe take a picture of them so that I can remember what they look like.. If I had bigger styrofoam balls, they might look okay just laying on the ground, but I'll have to play around it them I guess.. Should be interesting :)

Next step is the STD's and for those we're taking the pictures on the 11th, so once I have those done I'll have to share! So far this whole wedding planning thing has been really fun, and not stressful!! So far... haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What a gorgeous dress! And congratulations and welcome! I think that orange, pink, and purple would look fantastic in an outdoor setting and I hope the planning goes well for you!
    Omigosh! October 9th is coming at me quick!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards