Outdoor Weddings

NICE port-a-potties?

We're getting married at FI's brother's farm, and obviously we don't want 140 guests traipsing through their house and wreaking havoc on the plumbing, so I'm thinking we'll probably need to bring in port-a-potties.  The problem is, all the ones I've ever seen have been GROSS, and I don't want to subject my guests to that.  Do they make any nice port-a-potties (I know that probably seems ridiculous, but you can't blame a girl for trying!) 

Also, if you know of any, do you know about how much they cost?  We're on a (low) budget!

Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket

Re: NICE port-a-potties?

• http://www.portablerestroomtrailers.com/index.htm

They are pricey for sure, but much nicer than traditional port-a-potties.  I think the fact that these have soap and water for handwashing is more important than anything else about this- especially if you are having any sort of serve-yourself appetizers, buffet, or desserts.  A small area with Purell just doesn't cut it for me.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • NICE port-a-pottie might be an oxymoron Tongue out
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For my wedding we are using a local company called Eliza J. II would ask your caterer who they recommend, that is how we found the company we are using! Someone on  your local board may have a suggestion too!
  • jessle830jessle830 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    I am using United Site Services..there are a ton of porta pottie companies out there though if they don't service your area. Look around on their website, it will give you a good idea of what there is for options. They also have protable sinks that you can get separate from the actual toilet. I hate to subject my guests to a porta-pottie but I'm not having them all in my house! Also keep in mind that you have to have one portapottie per 70 or so people per ever 4hours I think it is..they have some guidelines so they don't overflow. I got the deluxe which is one step up from the regular ones at the fairgrounds and those were $125 each. Make sure you call around to price shop, all the companies vary iin price a little!

I wanted a trailer until I called about the price and found out that  they're thousands of dollars!!
  • We are doing an outdoor wedding at  afmily member's house and there is no way I want to risk people traipsing through her gorgeous home to use her bathroom.  My fiance rented the 'nice' porta-potties from the place we got our tent, tables, chairs & linens.  We got 2, one for each gender.  They even have a sink. 

Ours is a second wedding and we only have 80 guests, but maybe more would be better for a larger wedding - but, I think we paid $300 for both which to me is not that bad.
  • ekirzyekirzy member
    First Comment
    Unfortunately porta potties that feel like real bathrooms are pricey - we got one of the trailers and it's $1200 (Canadian) but when we looked at the alternatives I just couldn't imagine my guests using anything else.  Our wedding is semi-formal and I just felt like it would be rude to expect people to show up in their suites and nice dresses then have to use a stinky porta-poti.  A big bonus to this one is it's air conditioned, so that really controls the smell.  I know $1200 is a lot, but we just made room in our budget out of respect for our guests.  Good luck!
  • ELIZAJELIZAJ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2010
    We have been providing Portable Restrooms to the Event Community since 1996...  Our vision was "understated elegance" at affordable pricing...  Also, using a large company such as United Site Services you may lose the personal customer service that you may want...  All of our units come with fresh flower sprays, guest amenity baskets with ElizaJ and name brand toiletries), have fresh water sinks/flush and lighting...Please check out our at elizaj.com
    Or feel free to call me personally (Liza) at 800-437-1139
    I have been planning events for over 20 years (since 1990) and would be happy to answer any questions that you may have...

As far as restrooms per person for the average wedding-  1 restroom per 50 people is what I advise-   or 2 for 100- etc...
  • I have actually been in some "nice" ones.  They weren't full sized bathrooms, but they were decent.  I think the most important thing is that they are clean, there is enough toilet paper, and the hand sanitizer is gallon sized :)
    Photobucket
  • We are using a local company, which will also be renting us our tents, tables, and chairs... They are a little bit bigger than normal porter potties and they include a water station outside to wash your hands. I was running into the same problem I really wanted them to be at least somewhat classy, even if that is an oxymoron. haha
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • For my soon to be sister in laws wedding 2 years ago, they requested or more or less demanded brand new ones hahahaha..And they got them!

• I would recommend contacting waste removal companies, like Waste management or BFI, places like that are going to offer cheaper portable restrooms. We are getting a 4 person portable restroom  trailor for under $800, both local event rental companies quoted me over $1500.
  • I have never heard of having port-a-potties at a wedding. I would imagine that sooner or later they all would stick as waste is not flushed and is just dropped down into a holding area. I would hope that hand washing was available.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards