Outdoor Weddings

Need you guys!! Please tell me your opinion on whether or not this will be a big turn-on on or turn

Ok so our wedding is in the late summer, it is country-ish, laid back, outdoors. We wanted a cake that matched. And it just seems the more typical (but still gorgeous) 3 tier cake with a traditional cake topper and ribbon on each layer etc. just stood out, but not in a good stand out way. I saw this cake in a magazine for Hilary Duffs wedding, and I really wasn't sure at first, but after a few glances and thinking of how it matches that "warm-fuzzy-rustic" theme... I thought it went really well!!! And It's like a Simple Elegance which is what we are going for.

PLEASE i NEED OPINIONS ON WHETHER OR NOT WE ARE GOING TO GET "WTF" LOOKS WITH A CAKE LIKE THIS..OR WOW THEY DID SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND IT FITS WELL... I would really appreciate constructive feedback :) Thank you all so
much.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: Need you guys!! Please tell me your opinion on whether or not this will be a big turn-on on or turn

• I saw that cake in a magazine and LOVE it. I think cakes that aren't fully frosted look awesome.. but thats just my opinion. I say if YOU love it, go for it! Who cares if anyone else thinks WTF..
  • I really like this cake! It is different but I really like the style & where the flowers are placed. Go for it!!!
  • I already answered on your other thread, in the Food and Cakes board.
    Amanda and Eric Gettin' married 10/10/10
  • I say go for it. Why not?
  • if it matches your theme then yes but i really don't like it
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would give it the WTF look but then I'd realize that it may just be the best cake ever since I really don't like frosting/icing.  I'd say go for it!
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't like it but I also wouldn't care. As in, I would look at it and go Huh, what a strange looking cake. But I wouldn't remember after you cut it and I would still eat it and find it delicious. If you like it, go for it. No one will care what your cake looks like besides you.
    Anniversary image
  • Ok thanks so much girl for your opinions and being polite about them :) Can never go wrong you with you gals!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • i thought it was different but i was not a fan. i love frosting too much. you can still so rustic in different way. i have seen a cake on a slice of wood (not sure it that is the best way to describe i)t but i was adorable
    VICTORIA image 135 Invited so far!
    image 90 Are ready to party!
    image 40 Will be missing out!
    image 5 Are MIA!
    Photobucket
  • I don't like it at all, it looks unfinished and half-assed. But even if I saw it as a guest, I wouldn't care because as long as it tastes good, it works for me.
  • I honestly don't really like the way it looks BUT if its what YOU want then go for it!  Cakes are a personal preference anyways :)  It is pretty smart if you have a fear of the icing melting though!
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Christmas Movie
    My Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Being a frosting hater, I would love it! I think it actually looks pretty cool and sounds like it would go with your theme. I say go for it!
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I saw that picture online and I actually love it! At first I wasn't sure how I felt about it...but I love it! It's interesting and original!

http://dancingonadaydream.blogspot.com
  • Yeah, I am another frosting hater. Thankfully the cake we got had a very light and not overly sweet buttercream. Anyway, back to your question. I like the cake. I might have to give it a second glance just because I haven't seen anything like it though. In the end do whatever you want! You are the one who is going to be reflecting on the day, don't do a more "traditional" cake just to please your guests. As PP's have said as long as it tastes good that's all that matters!
  • I don't like it that much, however if you and your groom love it, go for it.  This is your day not everyone else's.  I was just at a wedding that I didn't not like the way the cake looked, but it tasted amazing.  If fact it was one of the yummiest cakes I've ever eaten. As long as it tastes good, the guests won't mind how it looks. :)

Anniversary

PitaPata Dog tickers

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!

• I LOVE that cake! I don't really like frosting, so that cake really stood out to me, too. Just enough frosting between the layers to moisten the cake, but not too much gooey going on--and it looks awesome.

One piece of advice--be sure you have a VERY talented baker, as most bakers use frosting to camouflage the edges of the cake. So if you go that route, be sure to get your baker's word that he or she can get the edges of the tiers looking right for you (or to let you see it beforehand with enough time to frost it if you don't like the way it looks).

Love, love, love that cake! Good luck with it!!

• I am not big into cakes.  As wedding cakes go, I do not find this one appealing at all.  However, as a guest at a wedding, I wouldn't really care much, one way or another, which cake the couple has chosen.

So, if its your choice, by all means ... GO FOR IT!!!  And, enjoy!
  • Your guest are not going to care at all what your cake looks like.  And if they do and judge you for it then they aren't worth your time anyway.  I couldn't tell you what any wedding cakes looked like before I started planning my own wedding.  (Now I pay attention.) The last wedding I was at I thought the cake looked horrible, I hated everything about it-but it tasted fine so what did it really matter?  Obviously the bride and groom wanted that cake (or are super pissed at their baker) so why should my opinion matter?  If it TASTED bad, that would be a whole different story.  As long as it is what you and FI want and it taste good GO FOR IT!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • hey:)
    well i was looking at the picture of the cake & to my eyes I feel like its not pretty enough for a wedding.

I wouldnt go with that
    just my personal opinion.

:) evy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards