Outdoor Weddings

Scared guests will be bored! Any unique ideas???

Hi ladies,

This is my first post here...My fiance and I were initially planning a big affair for our wedding but have recently decided to do a small 40 person wedding and afterwards host a catered lunch/dinner at my moms house.....my concern is that if we have all these people over for food/drinks, I just don't want them to be bored! 

Any ideas of things/activities we could do to make the evening a little more exciting than just a BBQ??? 

Thanks!!!

Re: Scared guests will be bored! Any unique ideas???

• people can mingle, write wishing well notes, play bocce ball, or croquet.

you can set up a photo board or photobooth, i saw a really neat one (but dont remember which knottie posted it) it was just a big peice of plywood with a window cut out, the front had a picture frame around the window hole and wallpaper on the "wall" so when people stood behind it they could take pics of themselves inside the frame.

if this seems too corney for you, you can set up a digital camera on a tripod in front of a pretty area, for people to pose for pics. in my circles everyone likes to get family pics taken at weddings since everyone tends to be there and is dressed up.

just plan to be flexible when you do things, like toasts, cake cutting, bouquet/garter tosses. if people look bored, do the next thing.
    10-10 siggy favorite summer picture Image and video hosting by TinyPic http://hiscb.blogspot.com/
  • You could always have different things to do such as a poker table, cornhole, badminton
  • They can entertain themselves too, folks like to mingle and talk :)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • I think it would be fun to have garden games out for people to play, such as pp mentioned: croquet, bocce ball, horseshoes, badmitton or volleyball. 
    My goal for 2013...Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • How long of a reception are you planning?  I don't think games are appropriate for a wedding. Your guests will be bored and will leave early without entertainment.
  • I second the idea of cornhole. People of all ages love that game.
  • Good food, good music, friends and family...that's all you need!

But, board games, lawn games, photo booth, like pp suggested.
  • Madlibs at the tables!
    (I'm obsessed with Madlibs lately...)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards