Outdoor Weddings
Options

XP-ish: outdoor reception in cool weather

has anyone had experience with an outdoor tented reception with temperatures between 50 and 70 degrees?

Looks like we'll have dinner or dinner, cake, and a bit of dancing outside in April (historic high of 70, low of 48) in VA. I'm assuming we'll need to have tent heaters and possibly tent sides if week before they're predicting rain or cold, but I'm wondering if anyone can chime in with things we need to plan for or take into consideration since it may be chilly?

Re: XP-ish: outdoor reception in cool weather

• Options
    here's an add-on I just thought of: have people had problems with tent heaters being very noisy? 
    Do you know of one type that's better than another?
  • Options
    Tent heaters would probably be a good idea.  Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with them, so I can't recommend one over another or tell you how loud they are.  You may want to speak to your tent rental company about heater brands.  They may only carry one kind.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    Tent heaters are great and were not noisy.  Get the tent sides - what if it rains?

If possible warn people that the wedding will be in a tent and may get chilly at night.  Your web-site would be a good location for this. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards