Outdoor Weddings

Casual wedding reception venue in Chicago suburbs

I am looking for a place to have my wedding in Chicago or the Chicago suburbs. I like something a little more casual, but still something that looks like a wedding. I do not want to have it in a traditional banquet room. I seem to be drawn to tents and pavillions but am open to an inside room, as long as it has windows. It is a small wedding (around 130 people) and we are open to different dates but will be around March-May of 2014. I would like to keep the cost as low as possible but have small budget of about $15,000. I am just looking for something not traditional, but through looking, I dont like the idea of having it in a museum or art studio, something more outdoorsey. Any suggestions are great, Thank you. 

Re: Casual wedding reception venue in Chicago suburbs

• If you post this on your local board (links to the left), you are likely to get more area-specific responses. Good luck!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • As Addie pointed out, posting this on our local Illinois-Chicago board will get you better responses.

Is it possible to narrow down the area in which you are looking?  Obviously, it will typically cost a bit more in Cook County, as their taxes alone hit close to 30%.  When you say "suburbs", are you looking more toward Lake, DuPage, or McHenry county?  

Are you looking for a place to have the ceremony outdoors?

Popular tent venues in Lake County would include the Marriott Lincolnshire or the Cuneo Museum in Vernon HIlls.  Byron Colby Barn in Grayslake and the Vehe Barn in Deer Park are outdoorsy, as is Kemper Lakes in Long Grove.  Independence Grove in Libertyville is also extremely popular.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards