Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

Did I just throw my theme away?

So, I always dreamed of getting married in a castle-- though I'm not a princessy type. But it was always so expensive. We decided our theme would be a vintage butterfly garden, but then we discovered an affordable castle grounds and we booked it. 

Technically i'm not IN the castle, but does the venue now make it silly to have a vintage themed wedding? I'm making a wall of black and white wedding photos of guests attending the wedding near our photo booth, but other than that..I'm not sure what to have anymore because I don't want it to seem hokey with the castle in the background.

Any ideas?

Re: Did I just throw my theme away?

• Options
    Do you have a picture of the venue? That might help some.

I don't see why you can't do something vintage. What time frame did you want to emulate? When I think of castles and vintage together, I think of 1940s Germany or those old murder mystery movies that are set in British country homes. If those things don't look funny in castles, your vintage theme wont either. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I was thinking more of like a 1940s southern belle garden party. Here are some pics...

• Options
    A garden party would be fantastic! The themeing in your inspiration pics doesn't look too strong or cartoonish in the least, so I'd think that you'd be good to go. 
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards