Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

retro red nail polish

I'm hoping you ladies can help me.  I'm doing a pinup inspired look for my makeup.  I'm wearing MAC's Ruby Woo lipstick.  Does anyone know of a good red nail polish that will compliment that color?  I love revlon nail polishes, but I'm willing to go with other brands.  I would prefer to go with drugstore brands, not Chanel or similar brands.  

Re: retro red nail polish

• Options
    Oh oh oh...that reminds me, in the airport the other day I saw some retro makeup that I had never heard of before. I took a shot of it with my iPhone so I could look for the brand online later.

[Runs off to get phone]

This is the company site: https://www.thebalm.com/

The packaging had all sorts of great retro imagery. (Cabana Boy particulary cracks me up: https://www.thebalm.com/makeup/cabanaboy.htm )

But I refused to pay airport pricing to try any of it out.

Otherwise I can't help. I don't really use makeup. I'm going to need some for the photos though, I know.
    Retro/Vintage Inspirations

imageimageimage

• Options
    I've had good luck with Nicole brand polishes. I don't know if they make a red to go with your lipstick, but it might be worth a look. Nicole is made by OPI but doesn't cost quite as much. I've seen it at Ulta and Walmart. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Revlon's Cherries in the Snow
  • Options
    My favorite nail polish is actually a cheap one from Target...NYC brand.  I have found it lasts the longest on my nails.  I know they have a red, not sure if the shade will match your lip color though!
  • Options
    I love that NYC Target brand. I think it is a classic perfect red. I am about to post my engagement shots on this board in a new thread. That's the nail polish I'm wearing.
    My venue... Image and video hosting by TinyPic ... Image and video hosting by TinyPic ... Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    And I'm wearing MAC's Russian Red Matte which is one shade off from Ruby Woo
    My venue... Image and video hosting by TinyPic ... Image and video hosting by TinyPic ... Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    OPI Kennybunk Port
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards